****NOTE - THIS POSITION CAN BE A REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY****
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for activities related to the execution and operational support of Independent Agency (IA) sales channel programs. Provide strategic direction and leadership of operational and distribution initiatives supporting IA field sales management, agencies and producers. Develop, implement, and oversee medium-term strategies and business planning initiatives/processes to ensure efficient administration and operations. Align strategic goals to tactical planning and execution of programs and processes. Drive operational efficiency by leveraging industry best practices and designing process, tool, and dashboard improvements to scale ACG high business growth. Own and revamp end-to-end sales processes to increase field leadership and team productivity across channel. Collaborate with ACG leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near and/or long-term future. Provide leadership and direction to assigned channel leadership, management and IA agencies principles. Empower and engage Field Sales Leaders to strategically execute and deliver agency programs objectives. Partner with senior members in legal, compliance, and other departments in aligning strategic initiatives. Lead multiple complex competing interests such as new IA Programs, and other state independent contractor programs. Accountable for the performance and results of assigned team and projects related to sales channel programs.
Oversee projects to analyze operational activities, identify areas in need of improvement, and develop process improvement objectives. Manage the implementation and maintenance of solutions and practices to increase operational efficiencies. Provide oversight to the development of business requirements and readiness plans for technology solutions. Make recommendations related to workflow, portals and new technology solutions associated with the assigned agent channel. Deliver support for agent technology, system access and contract administration.
Make strategic decisions for the implementation and management of agency programs for long-term company growth and sustainability. Collaborate across multiple departments to design and implement a new agency model affecting all new agency owners and program that interacts with the agency force. Maintain positive relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors. Ensure that all activities comply with corporate and regulatory requirements.
Oversee team responsible for project management/coordination, providing operational guidance to field management, program and system analysis, assisting in the implementation of program enhancements and providing overall support for the administration and maintenance of assigned compensation programs. Administer corporate and departmental policies and procedures within assigned team. Monitor results to ensure that standards are maintained and consistent with strategic goals and objectives. Recommend and implement improvements to processes and services provided. Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Create and monitor departmental budgets.
Serve as a point of contact for program contracts and compliance matters. Create and prepare agent agreements, addendums and contract for coordination and review with legal department. Negotiate contractual terms for external third party vendors. Review and update existing contracts/addendums for distribution channel. Explain terms and conditions to field leaders and all interested parties. Ensure compliance and understanding from field leaders. Continuously analyzes potential risk involved in contractual terms or company rules and guidelines. Provide support through interpretation of agency programs operations, analyses, and initiatives and development of appropriate action plan for execution and responses to address business issues and/or compliance, contractual or regulatory issues. May provide insight and guidance regarding agent-recruiting activities for assigned sales channel.
Assist senior management in the development and implementation of new/revised agency sales channel compensation plans. Oversee the reporting and analysis on sales information to determine success of meeting sales goals and objectives. Provide recommendations to management regarding changes/revisions to sales incentive compensation plans. Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Maintain ongoing knowledge of best practices and strategies related to the implementation and operational support of sales distribution programs. Maintain organized systems and digital records. Handle special projects as assigned and manage large-scale projects.
Participate in the process of selecting, hiring, training, development, counseling and disciplining assigned personnel in accordance with corporate Human Resource policies and procedures. Manage a team of Consultants and Analyst.Qualifications
II. Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Five years of senior sales leadership and management experience in the Independent Channel
- Participation/coordination of sales projects or functions
- Supporting, modifying and maintaining of incentive/reward programs
- Modeling, development and analysis of sales compensation and/or operational reports
- Developing and implementing processes/procedures
- Evaluating adequacy of complex business processes and identifying gaps or areas for improvement
- Communicating internal control/operational procedures and process changes to appropriate management and personnel
- Familiarity with industry-wide tools and processes to help drive scalability, efficiency and improve quality
- Streamlining and implementing structures and roles that create speed to market, efficiency and support shifting business needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
In-depth Knowledge of:
- Sales distribution program operational techniques and best practices
- Sales incentive plans for agencies
- IA sales compensation procedures and guidelines
- Sales technology
- Moderately complex sales information systems and their interdependencies
- Legal, regulatory and economic climate in which Auto Club Group operate
- Develop and make presentations at large group meetings and to all levels of management
- Identify requirements and develop systems to support Company compensation initiatives (e.g. incentive funding allocation,)
- Provide direction and guidance to others
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills to include report preparation and presentation (a sample may be required at time of the interview)
- Providing oversight to major projects
III. Preferred Qualifications
- IA sales channel compensation technology
- Ten years Property and Casualty experience with increasing responsibility that included several years of management experience in the Independent Agent channel
- Creating short term cross functional strategic initiatives
- Planning, developing, implementing and managing field support operations and activities for a multi-state organization to include leading transformational initiatives
- Developing business plans
- Business project management
- Budget preparation and management
- Financial modeling
- Successfully building project teams
- Building consensus between business, field and project teams
IV. Work Environment
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Willingness and ability to travel and work irregular hours when necessary.
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.