Open up to the Possibilities!
Working at Purolator International, Inc. is more than a job. It's an opportunity to be part of a winning team and to contribute to the success of our growing company. Purolator International is a subsidiary of Purolator Inc., Canada's largest integrated freight and parcel solutions company with over 50 years of delivering reliable, efficient and cost-effective shipping to, from and within Canada for more than 210 countries and territories worldwide. We are the leading provider of cross-border logistics between the United States and Canada. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Purolator International is rapidly expanding throughout the United States and seeking talented individuals to join our team. Are you open to the possibilities?__
The full time Customer Support Specialist delivers on the promise Purolator International makes to our customers and our customers make to their customers. This position is the account management primary point of contact for customers for all items related to the pickup, customs clearance, delivery, billing, track/trace, Accounts Receivable, IT, reporting and operations components for the freight customers give to Purolator International.
_ The primary role and responsibility is to be responsive and accessible to your designated group of customers, as well as to cover for other Customer Specialists within and across the district when needed. This role also supports customers who may call into the line for service._
Grapevine, TX: This job function is currently being performed remotely, and plans to phase back into our office spaces yet to be determined.
- 2+ years progressive experience in a Client Relationship/Support role, where supporting external customers, problem solving and troubleshooting issues is a part of the daily job function
- Successful track record of building internal and external customer relationships
- Identifying, addressing and resolving problems independently
- Managing daily workload with little supervision; exceptional organizational skills
- Processing information through focused listening, writing, or visual attention
Skills & Abilities Required
- 2+ years progressive experience in a related role
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (will be a skills test)
- Ability to Travel- flights & car travel (1-4x per year)
- Ability to manage emotionally charged situations requiring resolution
- High attention to detail as information may be used in the preparation of presentations and/or reports
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Reporting & customer facing service reports
- Track and manage weekly service exceptions, end delivery report/late PIN report to ensure accurate internal and external measures of PI’s on time performance
- Complete internal and external reports within set deadline
- Monitor each customers aging to reach out to the Collections Analyst to see how can assist when the amount past due
- Provide insight and advice to various departments and roles within the organization around PI’s customer needs; shipping patterns; challenges, etc
- Develop key external relationships with each assigned customer - serve as the day-to-day point of contact/face of PI using both verbal and written communication
- Understand, identify, anticipate, develop and manage processes and issues which impact or affect internal and external customers
- Develop key internal relationships in the Transportation, Operations, Finance, IT, Sales and Customer Service areas using both verbal and written communication
- Track unbilled Accesorials; PF Unbilled PRO’s; Finalizing HWBs & Determining PWB costs to ensure PI recovers all revenue.
- Support onboarding process and stabilization of new customers
- Monthly proactive calls to each customer confirming customer satisfaction—determining of future needs, how we can improve/better support their operation
- You will be introduced to Purolator International’s vision, core values, products and services.
- Remote New Hire Orientation, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Remote Corporate Orientation, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Posting Number: 44712
Hours of Work: Mon- Fri 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, 37.5 per week
Job Code: 859
Location: DTW 102-25801 Northline Commerce Drive
Reports to: District Manager
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Purolator International, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package to employees and their families, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs (80%+ paid by Employer)
- 401k with up to 6% Employer Company Match
- Employer Funded Life Insurance
- Annual Bonus Incentive Plan
- Disability/Income Protection
- Tuition Assistance
- Employer Funded Health Savings Account (H.S.A)
- Paid Time Off (Total of 21 days)
Purolator International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Purolator International, Inc. is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Purolator International depends on our communities for public and business services that are critical to our success. We strive to always give back to the communities we belong to. A key component of the Purolator International’s culture is making valuable and charitable contributions as a company, regionally and as individuals.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and if we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolatorinternational.com.
Location: 747 Port America Pl, Grapevine, TX 76051, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Texas: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your minimum annual salary expectation?
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)