Senior Business Development Manager - (Acquisition Sales - New Business Development)
Who Are We?
As one of Canada’s leading telecommunication innovators, we’re constantly introducing exciting new telecom technologies to meet the needs of all consumers. Comwave specializes in providing Phone, Internet and Television to residential and business customers all across Canada.
How do we value our employees?
- Competitive benefit package
- Attractive employee discount
- Full Kitchen with free coffee & espresso
- Free parking
- Creative social committee hosting regular company events
- Unique entrepreneurial culture
- WFH option
Who are we seeking to join our team?
We are currently seeking a “Senior Business Development Manager” to join our team at the North York head office. We are looking for someone who has experience and a proven “hunter” track record of prospecting, closing new business and meeting / exceeding quota.
You will contribute to the team by performing the following:
- Meet / exceed defined monthly sales revenue targets through aggressive sales strategies and practices
- Self-initiated lead and opportunity generation (Utilize own Rolodex, self-initiated networking and prospecting, cold calling etc.)
- Follow up of Comwave initiated and provided lead generation activities (i.e. website, advertising)
- Exceptional qualification skills, needs development and analysis, presentation and closing technique
- Preparation, delivery, presentation, follow up and securing customer signatures for all required quotations / user agreements / forms including submission to relative personnel / departments to initiate provisioning / start-up of Comwave products / services;
- Meet the minimum standard for department metrics, including but not limited to daily call activity/volume, lead generation or lead follow up, sales funnel growth and velocity, closed sale ratios
- Forecast accuracy
- Daily and ongoing maintenance / upkeep of sales activity data in required systems and databases (i.e. CRM);
- Attend and participate in all Comwave Business Solutions Team meetings, training and educational functions;
- Represent Comwave in Sales related external functions and events as required;
- Continually invest in ongoing personal development and education (i.e. industry and competitive knowledge, sales skills and methodology);
- Contribute and assist in the ongoing growth and development of the Business Services Team and individuals (i.e. knowledge and information sharing, strategic input)
What do you bring to the team?
- Post-Secondary education or higher
- A proven, demonstrable track record of new customer / new logo acquisition
- A proven, demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding quotas and objectives
- Minimum 5 years Outside Sales experience
- Experience / knowledge in Telecommunications / Network such as Internet, TV, home systems, VOIP, security solutions
- Sales cycle knowledge is essential
- High proficiency in simplification and communication of value propositions, ROI etc.
- Aggressive approach to continually and effectively manage sales funnel growth and velocity to maintain minimum 4-5X opportunities required to meet / exceed close requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and CRM Systems (i.e. Salesforce, Sugar);
- Self-motivated, team oriented, high energy, driven, aggressive and enthusiastic;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Comwave will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.