The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for selling and booking banquet, conference, and meeting business. Will work closely with hotel sales to coordinate all catering associated with convention sales and with Special Events staff to coordinate all catering for internal events. The Catering Sales Manager will prepare arrangements with guests / clients for functions that are booked in person, via telephone or through correspondence. The Catering Sales Manager will obtain all pertinent information concerning the reservation or event, negotiate prices, draw up contracts and secures clients’ signatures. Must have experience with outside sales and with drawing up contracts. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Minimum Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years in the field of food and beverage involving fine dining, catering and banquets; two (2) years food and beverage supervisory experience; minimum two (2) years outside sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, coaching, team building and problem solving skills required.
- Must possess general knowledge of all phases of full-service dining and food and beverage service procedures.
- Must be able to evaluate statistical reports and other business reports.
- Must be computer literate, including broad knowledge of all Microsoft office applications as well as restaurant automated systems including banquet/conference/catering software.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the banquet for a lengthy period of time.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
- Must be able to assist with special needs of customers (i.e. helping the elderly from their chair).
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community if all situations.