- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
- Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's
- Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned building
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance
- Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
- Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams
- Handle flexible work load which may come from management or FC operations
- Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required
- Provide weekly site controls reliability information to AE central team
- Travel up to 20%
Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Systems controls design or programming experience
- Systems integration experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Proven history of remote technical phone support
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and results.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to manage resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel and Power Point
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance)