Overview: MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager.
Job Purpose: *Responsible for the execution of critical sourcing strategies through development of key partnerships to drive value and significantly impact bottom-line profitability while aligning regional supply chain process with global supply chain strategy.
Responsibilities: Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provide specialized supply chain/product support to regional/business development sales efforts, offering information and SCM solutions throughout the quotation/sales process in order to maximize revenue and gross margin opportunities;
- Work to create product awareness within the region;
- Provide technical assistance and support regarding technical specifications of products;
- Identify underperforming markets, develop and execute strategy with regional leadership to increase market share;
- Obtain and communicate market intelligence, including customer activity, competitor activity and potential new activity;
- Make joint sales calls with branch outside sales representatives;
- Capture, assemble and assess market intelligence, turning into actions that afford MRC greater opportunities to secure business;
- Partner with sales teams to understand customers’ business and determine customers’ requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions and make value-added recommendations;
- Establish and maintain understanding of vendors and resources, acting as sourcing specialist for preferred vendors; communicate sourcing strategy to regional and business development sales teams;
- Ensure appropriate on-site customer presence and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain knowledge of current product inventory;
- Maintain quality standards;
- Handle confidential information relating to product and resale costs and expense items;
- Evaluate technical and commercial sections of project bid packages;
- Establish internal customer relationships and provide technical information;
- Participate in meetings, and training opportunities to enhance and maintain understanding of operations process and identify areas to offer SCM resources/support;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Qualifications: Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High School Diploma, GED (General Education Degree) and additional post-secondary training or education;
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience;
- Ability to identify, comprehend and apply common engineering standards & practices (MS SSP, API, ANSI, ASME, etc.);
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Strong PC skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations;
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime;
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis with overnight stays.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status._*
Location: 1806 HWY 146 SOUTH, La Porte, TX 77571
Job Type: Full-time