POSITION TITLE: Sr. Account Manager, Global Wholesale
REPORTS TO: VP of Product
DEPARTMENT: Product Development & Merchandising
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Must reside in either AZ, CA, FL, OH, TX, NV
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Account Manager, Global Wholesale owns driving sales growth through strategic partnerships with major accounts in the US and Europe. This role must create and implement strategies to grow sales within their region and channel, accurately forecast sales for each account and effectively re-forecast when required to ensure sales budgets are met. They also need to be able to recognize opportunity, prioritize needs, and be able to effectively communicate them back to the business to ensure that we are continually servicing the regions to our fullest potential.
They are responsible and accountable for the important relationships with our wholesale accounts and will work to understand each partner’s unique trading environment and identify areas for growth of the brand within that environment, while maintaining brand DNA.
Success in this role will be measured through the achievement of sales targets, strong relationships with external wholesale partners, and an ability to effectively communicate and drive action among cross-functional partners.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT – 50%
- Provides exceptional customer service as a supplier, partner and external face/advocate of the brand
- Manages sell-in meetings, provides reports, OTB information, and product samples prior to sales meetings
- Inform buyers of new launches, marketing calendar/activities, and partner to leverage all marketing levers (Toolkits, training materials, promotional calendars, social, etc.)
- Plans seasonal/promotional calendar to best promote Quay and drive sales within stores. Ensures that the brand is represented online and in-stores according to company expectations.
Creates accurate forecasts for each account’s topline sales, by SKU, reviews monthly with Planning team. Provides insights/justification for any changes to budget when required.
- Maintains oversight of all orders from external buyers ensuring Purchase Orders are transmitted on time, PO accuracy, communicates delays/changes as necessary.
- Manages and facilitates additional trading agreements, such as returns (RTV’s) based on sell-through performance and business relationship
- Creates accurate forecasts for each account’s topline sales, by SKU, reviews monthly with Planning team. Provides insights/justification for any changes to budget when required.
- The Sr. Account Manager will take the company’s strategic goals and initiatives, distill them into what is best and appropriate for the wholesale channel, be an independent thinker and decision maker, while leveraging cross-functional partners as support.
- Sets strategic goals with Planning, build sales plan, tops down and bottoms up forecasting, find new areas of healthy growth and increased brand awareness, and achieve sales targets
- Regularly visits distribution regions, meeting with key stakeholders to review performance, conduct market research and competitive analysis. Identify new sales opportunities.
- Sets goals for the financial year in line with the larger company goals. Executes the strategy and develops new business throughout the year.
- Creates post season analysis, identifying areas of opportunity based on local market best-sellers, competitive analysis and buyer feedback
- Visit retail partner locations (stores/malls), host education meetings and/or provide training materials for store associates, touch base with store managers and discuss business wins, misses and needs
SALES OPERATIONS – 20%
- Work closely with Order Management to ensure orders are processed by expected delivery dates
- Work closely with Finance Accounting to review P&L, chase open balance/payments as needed
- Create presentation for monthly Open-to-Buy meetings, communicate and inform cross-functional teams of what is needed to drive sales and advocate for your accounts
- Work with Finance, Planning and VP to assess profitability by account, determine budget needs and sales forecasts, and provide insight and recommendations on new business initiatives and opportunities
- Communicate and clearly present sales results to all levels of management during weekly business review meetings
- Submit Creative Briefs as needed for marketing requests from wholesale accounts
Budget Owner: Yes (in partnership with VP and Finance)
Fiscal Accountabilities: Achieve budget goal for US and EU Wholesale which includes 4 major accounts and may expand. Manages the Wholesale A&P Budget for each region.
Key Working Relationships: It is critical for this person to have strong relationships with cross-functional departments such as Planning, Inventory Management, Order Management, Warehouse, Product Development, Creative and Marketing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in similar wholesale account management role with proven success in driving sales.
- Strong understanding of sales performance metrics with analytical expertise
- 1+ year of experience in international business development
- Strong writing and excel skills required
Travel Requirements: 10% travel required (to SF Headquarters and local retail stores)
- This position may be based remotely, though must work on EST time zone.
- Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
This is a remote position.