Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Tropicana Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of Group Sales. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensure that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM.
- Creates, prioritizes, and implements strategic sales plans.
- Develop strong relationships with existing and potential business which will include strategies for gaining potential business.
- Conduct site inspections on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for processing rooming lists and credit applications.
- Responsible for preparation of change orders, cancellations, specification sheets, and general correspondence.
- Responsible for monitoring traces on a daily basis.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience, preferably in a 3-4 Diamond Resort
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Working knowledge of Delphi fdc, Meeting Broker, CVent, and eProposal preferred
- Existing business relationships within the hospitality community
- Ability to understand and analyze Budget & P&L Statements, competitive information and develop plans with measurable results.
- Proven managerial and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations.
- Ability to travel to industry related trade shows and sales call trips
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Something to leave you with:
Equal Opportunity Employer