Head of Sales
Respond Flow is looking for a high-performing Head of Sales with proven success as a sales leader that is ready to take on the challenge of building and scaling our sales department. We need a self-motivated executive with proven managerial experience and an outstanding track record in sales. The successful candidate will be a critical component towards meeting our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives, and will own all aspects of the sales organization.
You will develop and manage key sales strategies with a focus on developing a repeatable sales process. This includes recruiting, hiring, and motivating top-tier sales talent, developing a training program for new hires, developing sales forecasts and standard operating procedures, managing the day-to-day operations of the sales team, implementing sales tools and coaching team members to effectively execute your sales action plans. You will also be responsible for understanding customer and market trends, as well as hitting quarterly and annual revenue targets. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
At our heart and soul, we at Respond Flow truly believe in the power of one-to-one communication. That is why we are on a mission to give organizations the power to confidently connect with their audiences through text message communication. By steering our customers through the complexities of mobile messaging, we’re helping them ensure that they can implement and execute on the most effective text messaging strategy for their needs without having to worry about regulatory compliance and complex registration processes. As a startup backed by major institutional investors and venture capital firms, working at Respond Flow means you’re committed to exceeding expectations at every level, pushing yourself and your team to be the best in the world at what you do, and being a part of a culture that is defined by innovation and excellence.
We aren’t bragging, we are just saying: We’ve won some awards!
- “#1 Product of the Day” ~ 2020 ~ Product Hunt
- “Fastest Growing Products” 2021 ~ Software Suggest
- “Top Marketing Software” 2021 ~ Good Firms
- “Best Usability” ~ 2020 ~ Software Suggest
- “Top 14 - Best SMS Startups” 2021 ~ The Startup Pill
- “Most Promising New Venture” 2021 ~ Oklahoma Venture Forum (OVF)
Come join our celebrated team as we help organizations build deep connections and long lasting relationships with their most valuable asset, their customers.
As a Head of Sales, you will:
- Develop a repeatable, scalable sales process while helping the company refine and perfect it’s core value proposition
- Build a winning sales team by attracting, hiring and developing the world’s best sales leaders and professionals
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan to increase lead velocity and revenue per lead, achieve revenue targets, and expand our current customer base
- Work directly with the Executive team to determine quarterly and annual revenue goals, own and hit/exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Implement scalable sales tools and systems to optimize sales rep output
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to align objectives to capitalize on market opportunities and acquire new customers
- Develop and improve standard operating procedures to maximize sales output
- Institute systems and processes to improve efficiency across sales and success teams
- Coach and lead Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives to hit and exceed performance requirements
- Set and Manage KPIs for Sales teams
- Develop a seamless handoff process to transition new accounts to the Customer Success team
- Work closely with Customer Success to develop onboarding, churn reduction and account expansion tactics
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports
- Establish a sales training program to train new sales hires
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with key accounts
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Report on budgets and strategic direction of accounts and verticals
Someone with a demonstrated track record of the following:
- 5+ years working in software or telecommunications sales
- Proven experience as a sales executive meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven experience developing a repeatable, scalable outbound sales process
- Demonstrated experience or an in-depth understanding of scaling revenue at a high-growth startup from Seed to Series A
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to develop and drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Expertise with implementation of CRM, database, and sales engagement tools
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to develop customer-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it
- Ability to be flexible and comfort with ambiguity
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented; strong desire to compete and win
- Ability to accept and take action on constructive criticism
We need a leader that will take ownership in developing sales processes, recruiting high output sales talent, assessing sales tactics, and helping to close high value accounts. This position will have an impact throughout the entire organization.
In person at our office at the One Technology Center in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma.
This position will pay a competitive salary based on experience as well as uncapped performance-based commission, stock options, and other incentives.