Domaine Serene Wine Lounge – Lake Oswego
Pursue Your Passion for Food & Wine with Domaine Serene!
Since its foundation in 1989 by Grace and Ken Evenstad, Domaine Serene has sought to change the global landscape of fine wine. Located in the Willamette Valley’s iconic Dundee Hills, Domaine Serene has consistently achieved global renown for its Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Sparkling Wines, including recognition as the World’s Most Awarded Winery in the 2020 Decanter World Wine Awards. The winery has also expanded its hospitality offerings through the Domaine Serene Wine Lounges in both downtown Portland and Lake Oswego.
We are seeking an experienced, driven Winery Specialist to join our team. We are looking to hire the best of the best—a hardworking and self-motivated team player, eager to learn and excel. The ideal candidate will curate luxury level brand experience for consumers through highest level of product knowledge, hospitality, and customer service. This person works as part of a highly skilled Winery Specialists and a team of Sommeliers that assist in generating sales and elevating guest experiences.
This is an hourly position with highly competitive pay and eligible for tips, commissions and incentives with opportunity for advancement. We offer a deep education in Oregon and Burgundian wines, and a rewarding career growth path for top performers.
- Leads guests through an exceptional tasting experience and food pairing.
- Executes an exclusive brand experience for consumers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality, and customer service.
- Confidently articulates Evenstad Estates brands, wines, vineyards and story.
- Strategically promotes sale of wines and club membership.
- Consistently achieves sales objectives.
- Thoroughly follows opening and closing procedures of all wine venues.
- Collaboratively enhances the team spirit, brand ownership and goes above and beyond as needed.
- One or more years of experience of wine or wine related sales required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. An associate or bachelor’s degree with a focus in hospitality a plus.
- Experience working in fine dining restaurants and luxury-level hospitality industry preferred.
- Experience working with multiple platforms including POS and reservation systems required.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, presentation skills with a proven sales track record required.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Must have valid OLCC Service Permit.
- Food handlers permit required.
- CS, CSW or W-SET level 1 preferred.
Job Type: Full-time/Part time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $12.75 per hour
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Would you be willing to submit information for a background check, in accordance with all local, state, and national laws?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wine: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location