Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. is the fifth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the world. We manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers. Current manufacturing capabilities allow Sun Pharma to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
In recent years, we have been expanding into the branded space, having developed and acquired innovative products, and are now poised to expand into Canada with our branded Sun Pharma entity. A key therapeutic area of focus for Sun is dermatology, where we have two brands, Ilumya for psoriasis and Odomzo for basal cell carcinoma, both have been launched in Canada. Our goal is to continue grow our portfolio, bringing value to our Canadian customers and ultimately improving patient care. We have Cequa approved and will be launching an ophthalmics business unit as there are also an additional two brands in the pipeline. We have a number of other dermatology products in the pipeline for acne and psoriasis as well
At Sun Pharma we believe our people are an invaluable asset. Our culturally diverse workforce is one of our biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skill sets. We are proud that our global workforce is bound by our common values:
Humility Integrity Passion Innovation
Job Description; Specialty Dermatology Representative.
Locations: Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Work Location: Field based
Employee Status: Full-time
The Dermatology Territory Manager is responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of company products or services. They will report into the National Sales Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directing one-to-one communication with physicians and health care professionals in support of approved product indications
- Working with the patient support coordinator and the clinical access coordinator to gain product trial
- Contacting medical professionals and competitively explaining features and benefits of products offered; including managing objections
- Communicating about and being a key touchpoint/resource in the Patients Support Program service offering
- Planning and organizing speakers’ programs and other peer to peer activities in territory in partnership with Medical
- Leading Lunch and Learns
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
- Timely and accurate completion of all administrative expectations
- Responsible for complying with Canadian drug regulations (Health Canada. Innovative Medicines Canada regulations and Sun’s Policies) relative to field drug promotion
- Play-to-win attitude, is builder who takes pride in leaving a legacy; likes working with ambiguity, and is collaborative: demonstrated perseverance, resilience and fortitude
- Succeeded with brands that did not have the ability to leverage the clinical trial data appropriately in highly competitive markets; high personal initiative, commitment and strong problem-solving skills
- Brings influential dermatology relationships and possesses the ability to build strong new relationships by bringing value to customers beyond the brands
- Compelling storyteller, focusing on the most suitable patient profiles and able to leverage use
- Gain commitment for trial, and bring additional value through consistent support
- Successful psoriasis biologics experience or with other complex dermatology drugs – an asset
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years’ pharmaceutical sales experience in the dermatology sector preferred
- Proven track record demonstrating top sales accomplishments
- Ability to develop relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics and private practice facilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including reimbursement preferred
- Strong work ethic; ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately
- Competent skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess a strong business acumen
- Works effectively with all members of a team
- Ability to travel, with occasional overnight stays as needed
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees as assigned to this job. Nothing herein shall preclude the employer from changing these duties from time to time and assigning comparable duties or other duties commensurate with the experience and background of the incumbent(s).
We provide equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, military or veteran status, generic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, Inc. (Sun) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Sun employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Sun. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.