At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept’s lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name “Ocaliva®” in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow more than four years after its initial approval in 2016.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only Phase 3 trial to have generated positive results in the disease. A second Phase 3 trial, REVERSE, is evaluating OCA in patients with compensated cirrhosis due to NASH, with results expected in 2021.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You’ll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We’re equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That’s how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It’s also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a di¬fference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
As a key member of the U.S. Market Access team, the Director of Channel Accounts (DCA) will be responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders to help develop and manage the U.S. channel strategy that will provide access and therapy management services for Intercept’s products to patients. The DCA will report directly into the Senior Director of U.S. Patient Services & Channel Operations. This individual will have responsibility for helping the Senior Director in creating Intercept’s distribution concept, value proposition, and managing contracts of specialty pharmacy vendors. The successful outcome is a channel and distribution strategy that will economically provide seamless product distribution, complete data collection and guarantee product integrity/pedigree. Success will be driven through alignment of the strategies with defining critical success factors, key performance indicators (conversions, adherence, etc.), and the supporting tactics for Intercept’s products. This individual will need to work closely with the Senior Director and interface with Strategic Accounts, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Analytics and Commercial Operations teams on a routine basis to ensure alignment in a fast-paced matrix environment.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
- Primarily responsible for the continuous improvement and performance monitoring of the specialty pharmacy and specialty distribution channel and programs
- Negotiate and implement specialty pharmacy and distribution contracts
- Create and maintain account plans for specific national and regional network pharmacies
- Work directly with Regional Business Directors (RBDs), Directors of Strategic Accounts (DSAs), Regional Access Managers (RAMs) and Territory Business Managers (TBMs) in the field to help educate HCPs and provide potential issue resolution
- Work with Patient Services by assisting in troubleshooting any specialty pharmacy issues or concerns
- Monitor and report channel contracted KPIs (conversions, adherence, etc.) with specialty pharmacies and distributors to ensure product distribution, data access/aggregation, and product integrity
- Monitor and manage the potential channel expansion into specific IDNs, academic centers and group clinics that may access product
- Ensure all channel activities are compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidance with Intercept’s policies and procedures
- Work closely with partners to execute targeted solutions which address mutual strategic priorities and brings value to all parties.
- Participate in strategic decision making with cross functional business leads to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of channel, distribution and/or account management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with specialty pharmacy operations and relationships
- Prior specialty oral therapy launch experience
- Commercial experience preferred
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate. Pre-Covid, this role required 70% travel
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer relationship skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and inform strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and proven negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction
- Ability to think strategically to improve current processes
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Come Together, Be Yourself, Own the Solution, Embrace the Challenge, and Keep Exploring
- Ability to have fun!
From: Intercept Pharmaceuticals