Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
About this position:
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Business Development Manager who will help incubate the solution business and develop the business into another growth engine for Advantech. The Business Development role is to actively find and work with solution providers, resellers, and system/service integrators. This role is also essential in representing our strategic brand positioning, unique offerings, and collaborative culture.
- Generate leads and meetings through direct outreach and building networks/relationships within the targeted vertical markets.
- Create presentations for new prospective solution partner/client meetings.
- Engage, cultivate, and formalize strategic relationships with the targeted solution partners and system/service integrators.
- Collaborate with internal product owners to position selected Advantech hardware in pairing with in-house or third-party software for the solution business.
- Define business models, develop and implement business strategies to promote and sell solutions to or through partners and system/service integrators.
- Lead marketing campaigns for solution partners and system/service integrators to assist in business development and sales growth.
- Establish a system/service integrator client base and achieve revenue targets.
- Four-year college degree or above
- Background in retail/hospitality or healthcare industry
- Understanding and basic concepts of reseller channels and SI (System/Service Integrators) business
- Knowledge of technology applications in retail/hospitality or healthcare industry
- Must be an excellent communicator, face to face and over the phone
- Ability to publicly speak to small groups
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite IE: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Writing skills must be sharp and defined
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) company matched contributions
- Biannual bonuses
- Education reimbursement program
- 15 days of paid time off and 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.