The RealReal is the leader in authenticated luxury consignment. We offer the largest selection of pre-owned and authenticated luxury items including men's and women's luxury fashion, fine jewelry and watches, and fine art. The RealReal sells pieces from designers such as Chanel, Hermes, and Louis Vuitton; jewelry and watches from Cartier, Roles, and Van Cleef & Arpels; and blue-chip art from Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Sam Francis, and hundreds of others. Reporting directly to the Senior Loss Prevention Manager of Retail and Sales Operations. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of Loss Prevention, safety, and security strategies for WEHO (full line store) and surrounding neighborhood stores. The ideal candidate will be the unquestioned expert on all things relating to the location, function, quality, compliance, safety and shortage program for the concept store. The ideal candidate will be able to translate who we are as a company and a brand into our workplace to both our customers and employees.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Directly manage a team of loss prevention employees.
- Responsible for physical security of the building
- Support all Loss Prevention functions for the concept store and help support surrounding markets as needed
- Conduct all internal and external investigations and bring to closure
- Develop and manage safety and security processes and procedures, including business continuity plans
- Develop and manage loss prevention processes and procedures, including security camera management, EAS system, and alarm system for The RealReal's first brick and mortar store
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Work closely with the entire leadership team of The RealReal concept store
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of retail Loss Prevention management experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to work well with all levels of management within the company
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Strong understanding of physical security including CCTV, EAS, alarms, access control, and lock and key
- Strong leadership and team building experience
- Very organized and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The RealReal is the world's largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.