Company DescriptionUvaro helps people realize their true potential. We blend training, technology, and work experience into a single career accelerator for sales.
Do you feel inspired to identify and develop the next generation of diverse, talented sales professionals? Want to directly impact the growth of the SaaS industry at the same time?
We’re on a mission to help the world’s professionals lead more fulfilling careers - from their first job to their last. At Uvaro, we’ve created a better way to help everyday people launch and grow successful and rewarding careers in tech.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to help us realize our vision by leading our Admissions team. We are looking for a dedicated team lead to coach our sales team, ensure the team's targets are met, and work closely with the executive team. To be successful as a team lead, you should have excellent sales and mentorship skills, as well as exceptional organizational skills. If you are goal-driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are ready to make a huge impact in a growing company, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Become a mentor to the sales team — nurture relationships with each representative in order to help them achieve their goals; provide proactive feedback and ongoing coaching to improve attainment
- Lead by example — host regular information sessions with prospective students, manage inbound leads, and use sales engagement tools to execute a development cadence to potential students.
- Work closely with other teams — pull reports and analyze data for your team and for management; collaborate with the marketing team to execute go-to-market campaigns; partner with the instruction team to ensure we’re signing up and onboarding potential students in a way that maximizes their chances of success.
- Collaborate with senior management — jointly define sales and activity goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis; refine and execute go-to-market strategies
- Recruit and train new sales staff, assign specific tasks to members of the sales team, and monitor the team's sales performance.
- Maintain data integrity — ensure you and your team enters, updates, and maintains daily activity and prospect information in our CRM and Sales Engagement platforms.
- Achieve and exceed monthly quotas and objectives — achieve your own targets, motivate the sales team, and create an atmosphere of shared success and healthy competition among the staff
In this first 6 months you’ll:
- Work closely with the leadership team to master the language we use to tell the Uvaro story
- Master how to lead productive weekly sales kick-offs and close-outs
- Leverage a best-in-class sales stack (including HubSpot, Gong, Kiite, SalesLoft, Vidyard, PandaDoc, Zoom and more) to reach out to your prospects
- Help a high-performing team of sales professionals level-up their own sales acumen
- Learn how to speak fluently about technology and education in your sales process
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below - we are particularly interested in someone who learns quickly, so if you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- Experience successfully leading teams of sales or sales development professionals in technology or education businesses.
- Someone with an insatiable curiosity, and the desire to dig into the data, processes, and systems we use to drive success.
- Someone with a high EQ and history of demonstrating sound judgement, who is excellent at both motivating candidates to see the benefits Uvaro will bring to their careers, and at identifying potential barriers to candidates’ success in the Uvaro program
- A strong sense of adaptability as things change quickly and you’ll need to keep up!
- Someone who believes in the positive work Uvaro does to eliminate barriers in the tech industry and empower remarkable students
- An enthusiastic team player, with a desire to take initiative and work autonomously knowing you have the full support of the team
- Experience working in a high-velocity sales environment using a CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.) and a Sales Engagement platform (Outreach, SalesLoft, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing directly with individual customers
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Superb communication skills with ability to uncover underlying concerns or fears
- Detail and results-oriented who works well under pressure
What We’re Offering
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, and equity
- Flex work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- A remote-first work environment, and the opportunity to work with a close-knit, international team
- The opportunity to get in early at a promising startup in the emerging field of tech-enabled education
- A dedicated team with a values-driven culture, with a proven history of investing in individual growth and career development.
- An unprecedented opportunity to grow your network by placing employees at virtually every high-growth tech company in North America
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you!
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.