The Solution Specialist is a key partner of the Account Executive/Sales Representative and is responsible for driving the technical strategy and delivering additional revenue from assigned accounts. You will be mapped to several accounts across one or more practices. You will drive opportunities and new relationships within accounts.
- Partner with business leaders to deliver services that support company objectives and that are consistent with Winning Together values.
- Technical sales lead driving opportunities and deals including bringing in the right people and expertise.
- Focus on increasing hardware/product and services revenue.
- Responsible for and provide oversight for pre-sales deals (engaging the Solution Architects & Post-Sales Team as needed).
- Proposal development and collaborate with the Pre-Sales Engineering Teams to develop final quotes and proposals.
- Attend customer opportunity / strategy meetings to understand and articulate business and technical strategy for the company and customer.
- Provide qualification of designs or opportunities and produce technical architecture/design documentation.
- Act as Design Authority for nominated key accounts.
- Work as technical designer on enterprise scale, mission-critical customer projects.
- Work with peers to advise and recommend on future technology and services.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are valid and meet Customer specifications.
- Research technology and deliver associated white papers to promote Computacenter’s offerings.
- Work closely with Vendors / Partners to keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies to manage the ‘cradle to grave’ solution provisions cycle.
- Maintain high level of industry awareness through training and self-development
- Engage in and manage Customer demonstrations and Proofs of Concept
- Development of service offerings, utilizing newly released products having ensured that functionality claims are valid.
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring end to end delivery to client.
- Embrace and support Computacenter’s mission and core values.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) (preferred) or equivalent in work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- 5+ years as a presales Technology Generalist and solutioning professional.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to engage, and interact effectively, with people from many different disciplines.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with IT delivery methodologies.
- Understanding and Knowledge of IT Trends and Business needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain client engagements/relationships.
- Develop and deliver solutions architecture presentations.
- Vendor Certifications a plus (including CISCO CCNP, Juniper JNCIS, Dell / EMC Storage or Networking Specialist, and or VMware VCP
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to design in-depth, complex technical solutions
- Relevant industry leading qualification or accreditation in one or more technology
- In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology and its business application
- Demonstrable ability to provide input into commercial/technical documents and to develop solution specific business cases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present at large internal and external audiences and at board level.
- In-depth understanding of service lifecycle.
- Ability to lead and organize a large virtual technical team
- Good negotiation skill
- Excellent people management skills
- Industry leading knowledge in specialist Technology area.
Computacenter is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and public sector organizations. We help our customers to source, transform and manage their IT infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling users and their business. Computacenter is a public company quoted on the London FTSE 250 (CCC.L) and employs over 15,000 people worldwide. In US we support some of the country’s best-known businesses with regional headquarters in both San Francisco & New York City and an Integration Center in Silicon Valley. www.computacenter.com/us
WE OFFER A GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
There's so much more to enjoy about being at Computacenter than just having a rewarding career. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, Computacenter provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security and peace of mind.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Computacenter (U.S.), Inc. and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland