What is a Sales Consultant at Assurant?
The Sales Consultant on our inside sales team will generate business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospects' position in the marketplace, developing, and closing business opportunities, and researching and analyzing solutions. In this role, you will achieve sales objectives by identifying and pursuing market and niche opportunities marketing our risk solutions services products. The position entails identifying, qualifying, contacting, and scheduling initial consultations with targeted prospects, leading proposal development efforts, making sales presentations, and closing new business accounts, along with managing the subsequent contracting and implementation process. You will keep management informed of industry developments by monitoring competitive products and reaction from customers. The successful candidate will continue meeting targeted growth objectives driving our business to success. This is a remote position, but Mid-West & West Coast candidates preferred.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are a relationship builder
- You love sending emails and closing deals
- You keep a smile on your face with a strong phone presence
- You dial for value for our clients, making dozens of calls a day
- You have an innate ability to solve problems for your clients
- You treat others with dignity and respect while driving business deliverables
- You are a go-getter with that can-do attitude
- You believe in helping to protect what matters most
- Persistence is your middle name
- You go above and beyond in your role because you want to, not because you have to
- Great at time management
- You work independently and on a team for the best results
- Excellent at lead generation by effectively managing a sales territory
- Ambitious and like to grow within a big organization
- Did we mention that you’ll be making a lot of calls per day?
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 global company
- Generate sales by cold calling, prospecting, and cultivating relationships across the multifamily industry and bringing in new accounts by identifying customer needs, participating in the development of client plans, and introducing new products and services.
- Influence prospects to partner with Assurant to offer our products and services by controlling the sales process and identifying and pursuing market opportunities.
- Enhance relationships with clients by providing support, guidance, and innovative ideas to differentiate from competition.
- Research and recommend new opportunities and profit/service improvements.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the industries affecting the business.
- Understand financial trends and fluctuations with assigned clients and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to clients and internal business team.
- Develop sales strategies and execute account plans in support of goals/objectives.
- Assist in product development by providing client insights into wants and needs for their consumers.
- Financial responsibilities to include responsible for bringing new revenue from prospects defined within our ecosystem and pre-tax requirements.
***This is a 100% remote, work from home position offering a competitive base salary + commission + full benefits.***
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Minimum Associate Degree or equivalent work experience; Preferred Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial services/insurance industry preferred multifamily (property management) industry
- Inside sales experience, or property management and leasing
- Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Effective negotiation and closing techniques to secure profitable business
- Ability to demonstrate an immediate, positive impact on sales
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge in CRM preferred Salesforce