Customer Service and Sales is a major component of furthering the success of any non-profit organization. Embarking on a career in Charity Sales will allow you to embrace a rewarding career while earning a sizable income. It also presents an introduction into the nonprofit sector and the opportunity for advancement into Sales Manager roles.
As a Customer Service/Sales Representative you will engage donors by providing relevant and accurate information in an enthusiastic and genuine manner. This role balances office work with community engagement as both are necessary components of a successful charitable campaign.
If you enjoy working with the public, share our passion for nonprofit work and enjoy the benefits of a sales position we encourage you to apply and learn more. Charity Customer Service and Sales not only emcompasses door-to-door canvassing but business-to-business, event management, client service, and the opportunity to move into alternative roles that suit your personal skill-set and professional goals. Our charity partners continue to expand their reach and provide thousands of North Americans with reliable, profitable and fulfilling careers.
Why become a Charity Customer Service/Sales Representative?
- No experience necessary but sales, customer service, fundraising, administrative or marketing experience is a strong asset
- Healthy balance between office and community outreach work
- Guaranteed base wage plus attainable bonus structure
- Monday-Friday hours
- Welcoming and enthusiastic team environment
- Internal advancement opportunities are provided and supported
- Participate in door-to-door, business-to-business and various other methods of professional fundraising (will vary by city and dependent on Covid-19 regulations)
- Daily office meetings and administrative work including data entry, contributing to team meetings, tracking sales, etc
- Provide accurate and detailed information to donors in an genuine and engaging manner
- Walk donors through the sign-up process and input data via tablet
- Abide by all company policies and procedures
- Professionally represent charitable organizations at all times
- Attend training seminars
- Empathetic, professional, and personable demeanor
- Strong communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literacy required
Please submit an updated copy of your resume for consideration. You will be contacted via phone or email to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!