TCS Market Development Representative
Who We Are
TCS is a purpose-led organization that is building a meaningful future through innovation, technology, and collective knowledge. We're #BuildingOnBelief.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has 450,000+ of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. TCS is the most valuable IT services and consulting organizations in the world, with 2019 fiscal revenues of $20+B and a market capitalization of $100+B. We guide enterprises through their growth and digital transformation journeys – helping them to become agile, intelligent, automated, and on the cloud. In the US, clients include over one-third of the Fortune 500 across all major industries.
TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index.
Why Join TCS
Operating in the U.S. for more than 45 years, we are committed to bringing in the best and brightest people. TCS’ diverse workforce includes 151 nationalities and one of the world’s largest private sector employers of women. Moreover, as one of the largest IT services recruiter in the United States, TCS is committed to fostering and hiring local talent. In fact, the company has hired 20,000 in the past five years alone, making us the second largest recruiter of IT services talent in the United States!
At TCS, you can be certain that you are joining a well-respected and thriving organization. Exceptional workplace practices have earned us multiple awards. This year alone, we have earned the Top Employer award from the Top Employers Institute for the fifth straight year in a row, which highlighted our top HR practices, work in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education, and leadership and service to the various communities where our employees live and work.
TCS Market Development Representative
The Market Development Representative position is a key role within TCS’ Market Unit responsible for executing regional market and business development strategies to acquire targeted organizations across multiple industries.
We are looking for a motivated and well-spoken Market Development Representative (MDR) to join TCS. The Market Development Representative will be responsible for developing new leads, communicating with target customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales handover process to respective business development leaders. You should be able to identify sales opportunities and meet targets of qualified lead generation.
To be successful as a Market Development Representative you should be able to build a strong target database, instant rapport with the individuals and respond to their queries and clarifications effectively. A top Market Development Representative should also be curious, learner and a good listener.
- Execute the outbound lead generation program towards a portfolio of target organizations
- Take T CS services and offerings to target organizations via telephone, email and other digital channels, often cold calling leads to gauge the interest of prospects and create opportunities
- Achieve lead generation targets by selling a range of solutions using outbound calling, consultative and influencing selling techniques to create results for our prospects
- Maintain good business relationships with customers and prospects to conduct needs analysis, relay information and provide knowledge relevant to their business challenges
- Work closely with business development leaders, offering specialists and alliance partners to plan and execute target prospecting and GTM strategies to acquire new opportunities
- Manage all interactions, touch point discussions, and follow up actions efficiently and effectively
- Direct qualified leads and meetings to specific business development leader with high efficiency and prioritization
- Follow up on the leads and meetings with the business development team to ensure they are processed timely and lead to pipeline creation
- Create and maintain a database of current and potential customers
- Set appointments for business development leaders with prospective clients
- Proactively research and develop new business opportunities in the market
- Report to the business development leaders on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with TCS’ services and offerings, including capabilities and high level pricing, and on industry trends
- A Market Development Representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing deals with business development leaders
- If you aspire to become a business development / sales leader in near future then this is the right fit for you
- 2 years of proven inside sales, sales development, market development experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- University degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in an outbound call center or a related sales position preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and tools such as Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Outreach, Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills
- Exceptional cus tomer service skills
- Good listener, collaborative, curious and keen to learn
We require permanent US work authorization for this position and do not offer employment sponsorship
Join our world-class team by submitting your resume and application through your campus career center’s website.
Our Commitment to You!
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement. You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. TCS serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects. You’ll have opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.