What’s the job?
As Sales Manager you will create memorable experiences for our clients while positively impacting hotel revenues. In addition, you will work closely with all departments to successfully exceed each guests’ expectations.
- Approach all encounters with clients, guests, and employees in an attentive, friendly, warm, and welcoming manner.
- Conduct cold calls and solicit opportunities to obtain new business including Group, Catering and Negotiated Accounts
- Attend revenue calls and staff meetings to discuss current positions of the market and future trends.
- Provide relevant analytical information to the General Manager, and Reliance Hotel Group by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing market data and trends.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Participate in preparing budgets and provides periodic progress reports to staff directors for any event projects.
- Prepare and modify sales and marketing contracts as requested.
- Coordinate appointments and site visits to meet and follow up with established clients as well as develop new client relationships.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers to rebook business and penetrate new business opportunities.
- Involved in community and national organizations.
- Attend networking events, trade shows, and brand sponsored events/training.
- Effectively manage time.
- Meet or exceed productivity standards.
- Maintain compliance with brand programs and standards.
What we need from you
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years hotel experience/brand specific experience preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of associates, guests and clients in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Understanding of financial and trend reports – STR, Budget, P&L.
- Outstanding customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- At least 3 years of experience in hotel sales and/or catering.
- Proficient in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and web searches.
- Time Management Skills.