Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is looking for experienced ocean / sea export freight forwarding professional to join our Carson, CA, Seafreight team. Hellmann is a leading global logistics company focused on providing quality freight service and innovative logistics solutions.
Note: Hellmann offers a "hybrid" work environment: 3 days in the office each week and the flexibility to work 2 days from home
Since 1871 Hellmann has been a leader in full-service logistics around the globe. Four generations later, Hellmann is still a family owned company with deep-seated F.A.M.I.L.Y. values that drive our corporate philosophy and stands as the highest maxim of our entrepreneurial spirit. Our guiding principle of sustainability based on the three pillars of economy, ecology and social matters plays a central role in how we lead and take responsibility for our employees, customers, partners and the environment. At Hellmann, bigger is not better, Better is Better.
Why work at Hellmann?
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Competitive wage with eligibility for an annual profit sharing/employee incentive program
- Industry leading and affordable benefits package
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Great culture with strong family values and a collaborative work environment
What we are looking for:
- A passion for delivering quality customer service and operational expertise
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet and exceed KPIs
- Excellent communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees all direct shipment-level communication between Hellmann and customers, carriers, and vendors (i.e. delays, shipping instructions, status inquiries, billing discrepancies, etc.)
- Acts as senior product subject matter expert when communicating with internal and external parties
- Manages and addresses all escalations in regards to file profitability - audit and identify files with loss or low margin and work with their team members to determine root cause and implement corrective action
- Monitors and ensures accuracy and timeliness of data entry to deliver quality processing.
- Provides products and management with objective feedback regarding vendor performance levels, escalates issues in a timely manner to ensure best level of service
- Maintains service relations with carriers, vendors, customers, and other Hellmann offices
- Responsible to measure, analyze, and improve external or internal KPIs for area of responsibility
- Ensures that customer standard operating procedures (CSOPs) are developed and maintained in conjunction with Account Management and Sales
- Performs back-up for desk-level Seafreight Export Agents during periods of high volume or when staffing requires – during vacations, leaves of absence, etc.
- Organizes and conducts daily huddles / team meetings to share information, set priorities, and discuss recurring issues
- Responsible to ensure all assigned full time and part time employees are trained, certified, and re-certified periodically on internal and external standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferred to have either an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of any industry related course is an asset
- Two years of prior experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in the seafreight export role preferred with understanding of incoterms and other verbiage
- Organizational, time management and prioritization skills, and customer focused mind-set.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary expectations in a new role?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Ocean Logistics: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- One location