Here we GROW again! UPN is currently looking for an experienced Sr. Carrier Sales/Solutions Engineer. The candidate is a technical leader responsible for a variety of technical and sales related deliverables in support of the Carrier Sales Team in all markets. Position supports the Wholesale Carrier market vertical.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create/Design solutions for customers quote requests and UPN Carrier Sales Teams which consist of logical drawings, fiber route maps, statements of work, and other items as needed for face-to-face customer sales presentations.
- Attend customer meetings with the Sales Team as the technical resource to help qualify customer requirements and ensure UPN’s capabilities are accurately positioned to the customer’s request.
- Provide sales support and present UPN products and solutions at regular customer meetings and vendor events.
- Review RFPs to identify key technical design requirements, provide technical guidance on UPN’s ability to deliver a compliant solution.
- Provide product and process training to new and existing UPN employees.
- Review and qualify inside/outside plant and electronics economics of each opportunity.
- Perform duties in a partnership with Network Engineering and Operations teams to ensure successful deployments.
- Oversee the estimating steps within UPN’s CRM to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirement for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sales / Solutions Engineer in Telecommunications
- Experience working with major Wireless Carriers preferred
- Understanding of how to be a dynamic public speaker
- Understanding of how to effectively communicate tech solutions (written & verbal)
- Understanding of Fiber Optic Network Design principles and implementation
- Understanding of Metro Ethernet and design concepts
- Understanding of the Internet and how service is delivered to an Enterprise network
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Understanding of DWDM, MPLS, WAVE, EPL, IP and BGP
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their cover letter and resume.
UPN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fiber Optic Network Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19