At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales phase of event space with Banquet Food and Beverage and planning of the social events for our vibrant, playful Miami Beach hotel with one-of-a-kind gathering places offering the perfect backdrop for meetings, weddings and special occasions.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven work experience in a Sales role
- Specialization in wedding and social sales preferred
- Experience in full-service hotel required
Experience in planning process required
- Sales experience with understanding how to work directly with customers
- Hospitality experience with knowledge of hotel operations.
- Self-motivating to achieve financial results.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with both external and internal guests.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Professional, clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to express creativity and innovation through a defined brand-lens.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn proprietary operations systems.
- Flexible to work holidays, nights and weekends based on business needs.
- Selling meeting space without guest rooms for Corporate events
- Selling social events, weddings / mitzvah’s with or without guest rooms
- Menu planning and facilitating communication before, during and after the event with hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
- Managing local accounts
- Conducting Site Inspections
- Soliciting and generating business
- Preparing and presenting effective proposals
- Understanding contract terms and negotiation
- Maintaining well organized documentation and reports
- Utilizes Hyatt systems
- Coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate
- Participate and may lead hotel or sales meetings
- Work in close contact and acts as a team member with the sales and events team, operations team and support staff.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Qualifications - External
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Prefer two years hotel experience or completed Event Management trainee program