StemExpress, LLC was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Folsom, California. We currently stand as the nation's leading biospecimen provider of viable, healthy/disease-state human primary cell products for academic, biotechnological and contract research organizations. We support medical research, gene therapies and clinical trials by providing researchers with the highest quality cellular material from our own state-of-the-art laboratories. We have built an extensive global network of hospitals and clinics with a vast donor base, granting scientists access to consistent and specialized cellular products. In response to the rapid spread of COVID-19 in 2020, we began partnering with hospitals and public health departments to provide end-to-end COVID-19 testing using gold-standard PCR. We are committed to expanding and optimizing both their COVID-19 operations as well as the company's core cell and gene therapy initiatives.
The interface analyst participates in the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and ongoing support of Epic Bridges and Core point interfaces.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with technical and functional team members.
- Design and develop interface solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices, given constraints such as limited resources, time deadlines, and technological impediments.
- Develop technical documentation, end-user guides, training guides and/or other materials as necessary.
- Analyze and document business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to Epic by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including process flowcharts and technical specifications.
- Research industry practices; collect and analyze data; draw appropriate conclusions and recommendations; present results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Collaborate with Project Management and other Epic Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope
- Analyze complex data sets (HL7 2.x, XML messaging formats such as C-CDA)
- Analyze and document interface specifications.
- Test, deploy, and validate the interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
- Coordinate user groups and project teams, convening conference calls and meetings, and taking concise, thorough meeting minutes.
- Assists in the successful deployment of Epic application software upgrades and patched in relationship to Epic Bridges.
- Willing to take additional Epic certifications.
- BA or BS required and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience, ideally in a healthcare setting, required.
- 2+ years of experience with any EMR support required.
- Corepoint Interface engine experience preferred; other integration engines will be considered.
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards, especially HL7 2.5x or XML.
- Knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTPS, sFTP).
- Data conversion experience.
- Prior experience designing and supporting various forms of healthcare application integrations.
- 3+ years of experience in HL7 interfaces.
- Epic Bridges certification.
- Experience with FHIR or Epic's Interconnect.