“Join the Acme Brick Family”
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
FLSA Status: Exempt
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) has been operating for 130 years in 13 states in the south central/south eastern United States. Our vision is to be THE trusted materials solution for enduring beauty, safety, and strength in building communities. Our associates are our greatest asset and we strive to be a great place to work every day.
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative with excellent organization skills and a personable disposition. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position.
- Sells/markets products in assigned area (familiarity with territory a plus)
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers; business directories; industry ads; trade shows; internet web sites; and other sources.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes sellable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales contracts for orders.
- Responsible for credit and collections regarding sales orders.
- Estimates date of delivery to the customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing agents.
- Investigates and resolves customer delivery issues.
- Attends trade shows.
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- 1+ years of outside sales experience (Brick sales preferred)
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated prioritization/time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
Competencies Required for Success
- Stays current with industry and market information that may reveal sales opportunities
- Customer Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Bachelor degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.