Responsible for supporting the Sales Team, Service Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, and Installers by maintaining accurate data in the appropriate systems, communicating with the customer regarding scheduled calls and follow-up visits. Works closely and cooperatively with both sales and branch staff. Communicates with the customer to ensure customer is informed of scheduled appointments, to respond to inquiries, and to help to resolve issues and problems. Efficiently plans and routes the most-appropriate technicians and Residential Sales Consultants in accordance with established guidelines and company procedures. Work is performed in accordance with established processes and procedures in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment under the general direction of the General Manager.
- Effectively and courteously communicates with customer in order to schedule service / maintenance / sales call while gathering information on the customer’s current systems and needs as well as ensuring that the decision maker is present at the time of the call.
- Responsible for calling customers to remind them of the upcoming scheduled appointment, to keep the customer informed on any changes in technician/installer arrival time, and to schedule service/maintenance calls.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and routes technicians to service calls based on technician availability and skill sets, customer equipment and needs, geographical location, and latest information in the Capacity Planning System and on the Dispatch Board. When applicable, schedules RSC to meet with technician at the customer’s home whose equipment is older for upgrade opportunity.
- Ensures the capacity planner is maintained and proactively fills appointment gaps due to customer cancellations/rescheduling in order to maximize capacity planning.
- Ensures Dispatch Board and other related modules in STARS are updated as required.
- Promptly responds to service technicians’ requests, both by radio and telephone.
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and concerns.
- Contact next customers to confirm appointments and page calls to the assigned technicians.
- Identifies issues/problems/concerns regarding technician and call-center productivity based on continual communication and working with technicians and the call center. Informs General Manager and/or operations/office manager of issues/problems/concerns requiring their attention and action.
- Receives customer lead information from the technicians, the Call Center, marketing efforts, and directly from the customer. Enters sales appointment details into appropriates system(s) to document lead. Updates sale appointment details in system(s) as necessary due to appointment cancellations/rescheduling.
- Prior to or after the sales call, may explain financing options and gather customer information to complete financing forms or assist customer in completing financing forms. Ensures completed financing forms are sent to the financing vendor.
- Call the customer to confirm to customer the arrival time of the Residential Sales Consultant. Enters appropriate scheduling information on the Sales Dispatch Board.
- As needed, performs outbound calls to customers who were identified as a lead but who did not schedule a sales call in order to attempt to schedule the sales call.
- Assigns sales leads to Residential Sales Consultants in accordance with the company Lead Distribution Policy. Utilizes the computer-aided dispatch system to dispatch Residential Sales Consultants to sales calls. Updates the Residential Sales Consultant capacity in the call center portal to ensure up-to-date information on sales staff availability.
- Creates the quote ticket (Q-Ticket) in STARS to document customer information for the Residential Sales Consultant prior to the sales call and to create the placeholder on the Sales Dispatch Board.
- Gathers information from the Residential Sales Consultant after the sales call presentation to document the sale details (or what was quoted if no sale) and enters pertinent details into the sales tracking system. Based on the scheduled installation time, schedules follow-up referral call.
- After installation, calls customer to schedule/confirm the Residential Sales Consultant follow-up referral visit. After the follow-up visit by the Residential Sales Consultant, calls customer to obtain feedback on the follow-up call and to ensure any customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- When notified by the Call Center or the customer of a scheduling issue, missed appointment, or customer complaint on the sales appointment, documents the issues and communicates with appropriate co-workers or management to resolve the problem or issue. Maintains communication with the customer to ensure that the problem/issue is resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Keeps the Areas Sales Manager abreast of issues, problems, and other pertinent information.
- Daily, completes and distributes the Daily Sales report; reviews sales reports for errors/omissions and enters corrections in system(s); updates any lead errors; and checks Web Portal for messages.
- As requested/required, generates reports from systems. As needed/required, tracks activities for area-specific contests/events and to distribute relevant information to Residential Sales Consultants, Area Sales Managers, and others.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with experience working in customer service or other customer-facing environment. Prior experience dispatching is desirable.
- Experience or training the use of computers and related systems in an administrative office environment. Prior experience with an AS400 system desirable.
- Must be able to multi-task and work effectively in fast-paced and constantly changing work environment. Must be comfortable switching rapidly between tasks with no loss in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent customer-service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and to resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers in a pleasant, business-like, and customer-focused manner. Ability to communicate with a diverse customer population.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team and an independent environment.
- Ability to learn and to practice proper radio-communication techniques and to utilize pager systems.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, local geographical areas (streets, highways, cities, and towns).
- Ability to make decisions based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Effective organizational and time-management skills. Must be able to prioritize work based on service demands.
- An understanding and knowledge of the HVAC/Refrigeration Industry is an asset.