Job Description (base salary plus commission)
Stardust Solar is a leader in renewable energy education and won the Consumer Choice Award for best Solar Energy Company in Vancouver for 2021. We offer a specialized array of renewable energy courses and certifications throughout Canada and the United States. Stardust Solar also recently launched its franchise program with tremendous interest from the solar energy industry. Our unique business platform perfectly aligns with franchise sales, and our best in class reputation help us develop strategic partnerships and grow our network.
The greatest strength of Stardust Solar is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and competitive individuals. Our daily initiative is built around the customer experience, always trying to improve our training sessions and provide value to our franchisees. This formula for success is entrenched in our culture, where innovation is encouraged, talent and teamwork are celebrated and where results and success are rewarded.
The Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for executing and overseeing all sales objectives and strategies in our multi-layered business model. From selling solar PV systems to homeowners to selling training packages to potential franchisees, you will be responsible for all aspects of sales to our renewable energy clientele. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in sales with a previous Solar PV company.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Business Development Manager must have a balance of strategy development, sales ability, technical competency and business insight. They will have a clear vision to build successful sales goals yet isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and be hands-on in day-to-day activities, including but not limited to inbound/outbound sales, managing and optimizing strategies, and providing work direction to staff and reporting of all efforts.
· Drive the company’s sales & marketing strategies with the goal of growing the company’s market presence and improving our customer acquisition costs.
· Manage all sales nation wide with the goal of increasing company wide sales and refining profit margins.
· Collaborate with our customers and other strategic partners to develop innovative sales strategies plans to bring new opportunities to fruition.
· Represent Stardust Solar at trade shows and association meetings to grow the company’s network and find new business opportunities.
· Provide leadership, training & mentorship to the sales team.
· Launch new products and services by working with cross-functional teams including sales, legal, marketing, and product development.
· Assess ROI on all marketing initiatives, report results (in collaboration with analytics team) and make recommendations.
· Manage special projects as assigned.
· The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in sales with a previous Solar PV company.
· Undergraduate degree with focus on marketing, communications, business and/or advertising
· 5+ years’ sales & marketing management experience with proven track record
· Experience leading a high-performance team in a fast paced environment and executing effective digital marketing strategies, preferably in B2C sales via retail channels
· Excellent interpersonal, networking and influencing skills
· Ability to provide data-driven analytical reports on project performance
· Proven ability to solve problems, develop and implement thoughtful and practical solutions
· Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and data analytics.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2021-BD
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Communicable Disease plan in place. Includes physical distancing, signage, hand hygiene, visitor screening. Staff vaccination uptake is strong.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Sales and marketing management: 5 years (preferred)
- Solar PV sales: 2 years (preferred)