Business Development Representative (BDR)
Location: Vancouver, BC
To help drive ActiveState’s next stage of growth of sales of our SaaS platform, we are seeking energetic, results-oriented Business Development Representatives (BDR) to identify new business. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the BDRs are responsible for lead generation, communicating the value proposition of the Enterprise Tier offering of our ActiveState Platform and creating opportunities for senior AEs.
This position is based out of our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Remote work is available during the current health situation.
If you are fired-up about driving sales, then we want to hear from you.
About the Position
We're looking for tech-savvy Business Development Representatives. You’ll be joining our exceptional sales team to drive huge impact in a fast growing B2B SaaS business. As a BDR, you’ll be instrumental in increasing revenues by finding new customers and maximizing outbound lead to demo conversion rate as the face of the company.
You are a resilient, adaptable, empathetic communicator. With a data-driven approach to identifying prospects, you are a detail-oriented, strategic person who is always looking for creative ways to share new ideas with the world. You love meeting new people, and you’re always finding ways to help people solve their problems. You are ambitious, persistent, collaborative, curious by nature, and a learner.
- Build and manage strategic lists of prospects based on target market profiles and user activity in our ActiveState Platform
- Conduct outbound outreach (via email, phone, social) and experiment with a set of compelling value propositions to schedule discovery calls for AEs
- Successfully overcome objections as well as answer initial questions
- Collaborate closely with Sales team to schedule prospect meetings and demos
- Promote and market the ActiveState Platform through persistent outbound efforts
- Conduct discovery calls and ask the right questions to clearly identify target prospects and communicate our value proposition
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on messaging, processes, and target markets; communicate feedback from users to product management
- Evaluate effectiveness of ongoing campaigns through established KPIs, providing management with quantitative and qualitative input
- 1+ year of experience in sales, recruiting or customer service
- Bachelor’s degree, college diploma in sales/marketing or other field of study or equivalent experience
- High energy, proactive, curious self-starter; avid learner with a positive attitude
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills; clear and succinct communicator with effective problem solving skills
- A confident and fearless approach to cold, outbound calling; willingness to talk to new people on the phone every day
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong cyber research and analysis skills
- Ability to build professional and trusting relationships with customers from all around the world
- Strong technical aptitude and interest in understanding complex technologies
- Thrive in team environment; desire to help your team get better
- Determination to win through your own learning, pivoting, coaching, and resiliency
- Experience with CRM systems, like Salesforce and Hubspot, preferred
What’s in it for you
- Working for a stable and growing company that offers the positive aspects and personal growth potential of a start-up.
- The chance to work with a smart, passionate team of people.
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package and health/wellness credit program.
Working At ActiveState
ActiveState has a collaborative, respectful, and professional culture. We’re all about working together to find the best solutions, and making sure that the experience of doing so is positive for everyone involved. There is a commitment from the CEO on down to making work at ActiveState a great experience for all.
Our Company is a team of 67+ and growing! We maintain a set of core, overlapping hours, but we’re flexible with specific start and end times and are understanding about appointments and life events.
Our vision is to have an ActiveState solution on every device on every planet, so we certainly don’t lack for ambition! But even though we’re ambitious we don’t expect work to become your life. We know you will do your best work in a positive environment with lots of autonomy.. For more about working at ActiveState and our Glassdoor rating go to www.activestate.com/careers.
How to Apply
Please submit your contact info, resume, and a cover letter below. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to creating a welcoming environment for everyone at ActiveState and we welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Even if you don’t feel you meet every exact requirement, we still would love to hear from you and why you think you would be an awesome addition to our team and we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time