Under minimal supervision, maintains an agricultural production and agribusiness focused commercial loan portfolio of secured and unsecured loans and lines of credit in the Commercial Banking group; provides a superior level of client service to all current and prospective clients; and tracks a variety of systems to ensure compliance with the loan agreement covenants. Employees in this job class handle routine to complex types of agricultural related loans and retain current clients while developing their client base and business network. Resolves a variety of customer problems, and recommends relationship strategy, pricing, and credit decisions.
1. Maintain existing and new referral commercial loans; provides superior client service and effectively handles problem resolution.
2. Negotiates and structures new and renewed commercial loans; prepares and documents current applications; recommends and submits applications for credit to the appropriate credit authorities.
3. Initiates and implements an effective calling program to focus efforts on maintaining and increasing commercial banking relationships.
4. Reviews and analyzes loan applicant and client financial data and other relevant agribusiness industry information to determine each client’s eligibility for credit.
5. Follows up on current credits to ensure compliance with terms and conditions, reviews collateral reports to ensure margin requirements are maintained, and takes appropriate action to collect payment delinquencies.
6. Maintains new and existing deposit relationships and commercial banking relationships.
7. Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) through business development efforts. Actively participates in community organizations.
8. Maintains a current knowledge of Federal and State banking regulations. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Bank policies, procedures, and regulations.
9. Other duties as assigned.. Requirements:
Five years’ experience in financial or banking services in agricultural production and/or agribusiness commercial lending.
Bachelor Degree from an accredited college in accounting, business, or finance or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial statement, and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of the Northern California agribusiness industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective client service methods and practices.
- Proficiency in personal computers and related software.
- Knowledge of a variety of Bank services, products, and lending requirements.
- Excellent sales skills with an ability to meet or exceed established loan and deposit sales goals within expected timelines.
River City Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Individuals seeking employment at River City Bank are considered without regards to ancestry, age, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran/military status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Note: River City Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.