Under minimal supervision, performs advanced-level duties and implements and supports the activities and operations related to SPLC Information Systems. Primarily responsible as the Senior Support Service Technician in Decatur for specifying, deploying, maintaining, and supporting computer end-user systems, their respective applications and peripheral hardware, in both the physical and virtual computing environments in the Atlanta, GA and other SPLC offices, while secondarily supporting all other regional offices remotely.
Primary Job Functions:
- Serves as the first point of contact for technical issues for users;
- Responds to tickets and provides remote support for all regional offices;
- Communicates priority deliverable requests and escalates service issues to Support Service Manager;
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes;
- Performs adds/moves and basic configuration skills in Avaya's IP Office 5000;
- Works with other IT Groups to resolve network, and other IT related issues as needed;
- Manages collaboration and planning for media events, presentations, and technical deployments;
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the client system architecture needs;
- Recommends changes or solutions based on user feedback, technical issues/trends, customer requests;
- Identifies and creates documents needed for processes, procedures, and technical requirements;
- Creates standard images for hardware;
- Responsible for managing all MAC OS Software utilizing JAMF;
- Creates policies and configuration profiles via the JSS to manage all Mac computers;
- Creates specifications and requirements for all new Mac and Windows equipment along with Support Service Manager before new equipment is ordered;
- Coordinates with vendor support contacts to resolve IT related needs;
- The Senior Support Services Technician is responsible for the duties listed above as well as all Support Service Technician listed below.
Support Service Technician
- Utilizes HelpDesk system (Samanage) to document, track and resolve end-user requests;
- Microsoft, Mac OS, iOS and third-party client setup, configuration, and maintenance;
- Hardware (computing, A/V) troubleshooting, support, maintenance, and replacement;
- Printer setup, troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Utilize Active Directory for account management tasks;
- Setup, deployment and security management (MobileIron) of mobility devices (cellular phones and tablets);
- A/V configuration, testing, setup and on-site assistance for presentations, events, and legal trial support; setup and support classroom and conference training rooms and equipment;
- Installation and support of business and endpoint security applications;
- Effective troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software performance issues;
- Assist in the documentation of system configurations and maintenance procedures;
- Utilize third party software (JAMF) to manage Mac OS software;
- Specification and purchasing of client hardware and software;
- Support of remote systems and associated users (some travel may be required);
- Inclusion in on-call rotations (weekends, nights, and holidays); and,
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Related Work Experience:
- 5 years' experience in an Information Technology support role; and
- High school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems and mobile devices;
- Strong research skills required;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills;
- Must be a dedicated team player;
- Must be capable of always maintaining customer service excellence;
- Must consistently maintain an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence;
- Must always maintain a consummately professional demeanor;
- All duties are to be performed within the confines of Center and departmental policy and procedures;
- Commitment to ideals of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion; and
- Commitment to fostering an anti-racist work culture and to anti-racist principles and learning.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position is represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.