We are currently searching for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to be responsible for billing of small groups and local catered events, contract billings and reward redemptions. This position is great for someone wishing to pursue an accounting career in the hospitality industry.
- Prepare Statements, invoices, and collect on all Direct Bill accounts.
- Enter accurate data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software. Review Sales & Catering Contracts and post any Advance Deposits when required.
- Review disputed charges with client and Sales Manager.
- Review contracts and resumes to ensure accounts are billed according to the contracted specifications.
- Prepare and mail receipts for credit card charges on master accounts.
- Update and assist in reconciling receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Respond to requests for Direct Bill, set up new accounts receivable in Property Management System (OPERA) and respond to Credit References.
- Summarize and reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted using resources sales, trade promotions, customer service departments and customers
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries as needed
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred, accounting focus preferred
- 2+ years accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs requirements of education and experience.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Customer service and negotiation skills
- Experience with Opera or other Hotel Property Management Systems a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Competent at working independently on recurring projects.
The Al J Schneider Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in the associate cafeteria, complimentary parking, a discounted monthly TARC bus pass and much more.
The Al J Schneider Company is a Drug Free Workplace, creating a culture of care where diversity is welcomed.