Job Title: Clinical Science Liaison (Sales Operations)
The Clinical Science Liaison position will report to the Director of Sales Operations, under the Commercial Operations department. The primary goal of the position is to work collaboratively with sales, lab based genetic counselors and lab departments to support sales education, and company growth.
The Clinical Science Liaison will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Sales Training department by providing Product Training to Sales and BD Teams including onboarding of new hires.
- Giving product presentations to clients.
- Educating key staff (genetic counselors, laboratory directors, Sales, Customer Relations Division) to keep up to date on the latest literature.
- Supporting client or leadership requests for institutional guidelines or testing algorithms
- Supporting Managed Care with letters to payers / insurers in targeted campaigns, writing letters of medical necessity as well as other additional tasks as needed
- Supporting Quality Management and Client Services to ensure accurate, consistent information is conveyed regarding products and services in email, phone, and marketing communications.
- Providing strategic advice to Business Development and Marketing on product development
- Address complex clinical inquiries from clients via phone and email.
- Provide oversight of complex case orders, as requested Submission of test orders, consents, previous records, and all appropriate samples.
- Educate clients on ways to improve the accuracy of results interpretation (confirming a diagnosis in a family, testing additional family members, additional testing options)
- Refer clients to appropriate research testing facilities, when applicable
- Facilitate the resolution of conflicts and challenges related to client interactions or lab operations.
- Document client interactions in LIMS systems for shared reference
- Addressing current and developing client test enquires
- Serving as a medical and scientific resource for the Sales, Business Development and Marketing teams
- Developing, maintaining, and managing interactions with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) from genetics communities and other relevant healthcare professionals
- Reviewing and reporting out test results to ordering clinicians
- Developing educational materials for healthcare providers, patients, and sales staff
- Serve as clinical liaison between lab directors and clinicians.
- Work alongside the laboratory genetic counselors as clinical solutions specialists as needed.
- Assist, guide and educate customer experience specialists.
- Work with Marketing to identify clinical education needs of clients; develop, update, and review marketing pieces for lay and professional audiences as well as writing and reviewing clinical content for marketing pieces for new tests.
- Collaborate on development of new requisition forms and reporting templates, anticipating potential clinical issues, for new tests.
- Advise and educate internal Customer Experience team, external clients, and channel partners about new tests.
- Represent the laboratory and act as technical support at national and local meetings (<10% travel)
- Participate in drafting and submitting articles and abstracts for publications, posters and/or presentations appropriate for anticipated audience/ meeting.
- Participate as appropriate in the preparations for laboratory inspections.
- Maintain awareness of protocols to support key channel partnerships.
- Serve as educator and resource for professional trainees including LGG fellows and GC students.
- Maintain certification and applicable licensure with focus on high level continuing education for clinical and technical standards.
- Update and management of BG’s entries on the Genetic Testing Register (GTR)
Requirements and Location:
Following complete training with the Lab GC group, travel involved in designated territory (up to 2-3 days per week) plus travel to some national and regional meetings, as needed. If remote, travel to Houston office for initial training and quarterly group meetings. Remote applicants must have home office environment appropriate to provide professional client service by video, telephone, and email. This includes the need for reliable high speed internet access.
- S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- 3+ years of experience, ideally in a clinical or diagnostic lab setting
- Ability to travel >50% time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience working in maternal fetal health and/or oncology.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Board Certified Genetic Counselor.