Sales Manager Cruise
Reports to: Head of Sales Americas – Marine Division
Direct Reports: None.
Other Key Relationships: GMs, Sales Dir., CS Dir., Finance
Survival. Technology. These two words do more than merge to form our name. They encapsulate everything the Survitec Group of companies is about.
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Find more information in our company website: https://survitecgroup.com/
Reports to a Head of Sales. Contacts assigned / agreed customer accounts or prospects to sell company products within a designated geography or market sector. Focuses on meeting personal sales targets, new business development, maintaining customer relationships, and troubleshooting specific customer problems. Has solid knowledge of Survitec products and services: their characteristics and market(s), benefits, value and potential. Uses excellent interpersonal skills and sales experience to drive customer commitment and revenue growth at the right margin.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops a sales plan to deliver revenue retention, revenue growth and new business for personal customer portfolio to meet, or exceed, personal sales targets and overall organic business growth ambition. Delivers on that plan.
- Develops and implements client relationship management plans to identify and build relationships with relevant decision makers and influencers within own customer portfolio organisations, to enable effective two-way flow of information and understanding of where Survitec can deliver customer value and resolve issues.
- Sets clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; adapts standard materials to make engaging presentations to customer decision makers and influencers; asks relevant questions to gather information, evaluate the customers' level of interest, and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
- Develops a personal network within the business sector and represents Survitec with customers and at business sector events. Obtains market intelligence and enhances the visibility and reputation of Survitec, its products, services and ability to provide holistic safety solutions.
- Configures product and services solutions and associated contractual terms that meet the customers' mid- to long-term needs, taking input from relevant internal specialists. Presents the solution to customer representatives and negotiates agreement within a pre-defined range of commercial parameters.
- Enters customer information from research and direct customer contact into the customer relationship management system, to ensure that Survitec has quality data to enable effective customer retention and business development activities. Utilises the CRM system effectively to drive sales activity plans and to deliver timely reporting.
- Collaborates internally and works as the customer champion in cross-functional teams to build strong external customer relationships.
- Maintains and renews a deep knowledge and understanding of Survitec policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct. Ensures own work adheres to required standards.
- Creates an environment where everyone in the team can live the Survitec Values.
- Contributes positively to creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work.
- Understands, upholds and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within Survitec. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment.
- Develops own capabilities through participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching. Develops and maintains an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as required by a relevant line manager in support of business needs.
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Manages complexity - makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Holds self and others to account for meeting commitments.
- Interpersonal skills - relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manoeuvres comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organisational dynamics.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with Survitec business goals.
- Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside Survitec .
- Optimizes work processes - knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Persuades - uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Action oriented - takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Drives safety culture:
- Is a reliable source of reference on relevant safety standards and where these standards are at risk. Provides important insight into the root cause and corrective actions for such safety risks and issues. Raises issues and highlights own mistakes without fear. consistently to improve safety and wellbeing of self and others.
Demonstrates commitment to delivering real value and confidence to our customers:
- Understands the importance of being the representative of both internal and external customers. Demonstrates respect for those customers and is open and transparent about the delivery of service – only promises what they can deliver and delivers what they promise.
We care for our people, investing in the development of teams and individuals:
- Understands own role within the team and takes accountability for delivery – is good at closing out actions and proactively asks for help when issues arise. Communicates appropriately, shares knowledge (coaching, mentoring and supporting others to develop skills as appropriate). Works collaboratively with own team and others to meet business goals .
- Takes time to listen and treats others with dignity, accepting and respecting other people’s points of view or individuality. Understands how own behaviours impact others.
We aim for excellence in everything we do:
- Takes personal responsibility for ensuring excellence, getting the task done on time and to the right standard. Consistently achieves targets, even when timescales are tight.
- Committed and passionate about continuous improvement, looking to solve problems and avoid workarounds. Takes the initiative and acts with confidence.
We seek to innovate at every opportunity:
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to change, being comfortable and willing to try out new methods, processes, ways of working or techniques to make improvements.
- Takes time to understand and explain the rationale for change to support the understanding of self and others.
We act with integrity:
- Acts in accordance with Survitec Values, especially in situations when it is difficult to do so.
- Represents self and Survitec in an ethical manner that engenders trust from colleagues, customers and external regulators.
(Refer to Survitec Code of Conduct for further information and examples)
Experience and qualification
Educated to University Degree level
1 – 10 years of general work experience with comprehensive job-related (Sales) experience. This specialist experience could come from direct sales or from technical product know-how and/or support of the sales process.
What We Offer
- Salary: Pay: Competitive salary.
- Bonus Incentive Plan.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
o We abide by the 6ft, social distancing.
o When moving around inside the building, you will wear a mask (Please bring your mask unless you are vaccinated)
o We provide hand sanitizer at the office entrance.
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience in Marine Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
- One location