The Area Sales Representative is a critical role for Sonendo and will be integral in partnering with the aligned Area Sales Manager to train and onboard, retain, expand and grow the current and future customer base within a designed geography.
- Account on-boarding–
- Serves as primary resource for technical/clinical support in the areas of technical training, procedure coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products.
- Work hands-on with the customer per their training and onboarding to ensure the customer can safely and effectively perform GentleWave cases independently and confidently after training is complete.
- Work with ASM and ASD to identify and execute training relauch for customers that are in need (ie. full onboarding training or spot training/support).
- Complete and submit all required documentation for customer training
- During training, identify and share with ASM/ASD/Professional Education areas of opportunity and improvement that would benefit the customer
- Sees oneself as an education vs a checklist owner. Educates customers and affiliated stakeholders on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by delivering presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., typodont models, slides, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
Region Support Duties – Support regional strategic goals which includes
- Attends clinical procedures in the operatories of accounts to assure customer and patient success with Sonendo products
- Provide account management support as needed for existing customers to maximize the success/procedure utilization of their practice including business and clinical needs.
- Develop relationships with dental office personnel (e.g. through case observation, casual conversations, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts within dental offices and to identify key decision makers to facilitate future sales.
- Ability to execute ongoing customer training and product updates in person, or virtually
- Support Region and National Professional Education Events as needed (example: dinner event, courses)
- Utilize CRM (i.e. SalesForce /Tableau) platform to analyze customer utilization and console data to identify trends that may require further customer education / support
- Stays abreast of relevant clinical and library research and participates in case reviews, procedure observation and clinical discussions with dentists, office staff and affiliated stakeholders. Be able to pass any internal clinical certification.
- Respond to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems
- Records/gathers HIPAA-compliant quantified data on specific system and procedure related protocols required by marketing, R&D and/or clinical/regulatory
Field Service Support:
- Receive specialized training and knowledge to analyze, diagnose, and resolve customer issues based on the unique needs of each customer’s system.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency in performing PMs, analyzing console errors and resolving system issues within a certain timeframe after the in-house training is concluded.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance and Field updates to assigned Territory.
- Respond to Unscheduled Service Calls as needed in a timely manner while communicating action plans and schedule to resolve customer issues
- Consult with customers to resolve any problems and advise customers regarding technical concerns
- Ensure customers adequately maintain Gentle Wave systems by conducting care and maintenance in-service training when necessary or requested by management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Sales Representatives and assist in the installation process for new systems as requested.
- Analyze and identify areas for product improvements and communicate to management and internal department teams as required
- Assists in the preparation, updating of and implementation of all training materials
- Submit required service paperwork per company policies
Administrative and Other
- Participate in various meetings, both by telephone and in person. This would include team or departmental conference calls, training and team meetings
- Administrative tasks to include timely reporting and data entry
- Maintain a professional image when presenting Sonendo
- Foster collaboration between Sonendo and customers
- Maintain compliance with Quality System procedures and company policies
- Maintain up to date regulatory training and expense report submission per company policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Min of 3 years direct medical sales experience
- Dental/*Endodontics is a plus
- Clinical training specialist or clinical sales experience in a patient care environment preferred
- A valid driver’s license
- Will be required to maintain advanced clinical knowledge of endodontic disease states, procedures, technology and the business landscape
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Superb customer service skills
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive work ethics and able to work independently
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, guidelines and environments
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to travel related to this role required. Must be willing and able to travel up to 70% overnight locally, regionally and nationally sometimes on short notice.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday.
- Employee must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, typewriter, copiers, etc.).
- A large portion of the day is spent communicating orally in person.
- Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you will be encouraged to actively participate, and your ideas can have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters, please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer