Sells new and/or used medium- and heavy-duty trucks in accordance with established profit and unit count objectives.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the sale of new and used medium-and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Uses all reasonable methods of prospecting for new-and used-truck customers on a daily basis, either by telephone or by making calls to individuals and businesses outside the dealership.
- Provides follow-up and ongoing service to existing customers.
- Demonstrates new and used trucks to customer. (May include test drives.)
- Writes complete and accurate sales orders, secures deposits, and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies
- Delivers new trucks, explaining new-truck warranty and service policies.
- Meets or exceeds objectives for new and/or used-truck deliveries established by the dealership.
- Offers service to all walk-in and call-in customers on assigned floor days.
- Assists customers in selecting/ordering trucks by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Closes new- and used-truck deals.
- Prepares and turns in to the truck sales manager outside sales call reports, listing who was called, what units were quoted, and units available for sale, if applicable.
- Prepares purchaser statements.
- Attends sales and training meetings.
- Studies truck and equipment specifications to improve knowledge of product performance and application continually.
- Appraises used trucks when necessary.
- Collects accurate and complete financial data on customers when necessary.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High-level customer service, positive attitude, and enthusiasm for sales are preferred traits.
- One-year related experience- Preferably in a similar industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to operate office machinery, including a basic computer, e-mail, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- State Sales License
- Valid Driver's License-CDL required within 12 months