Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at https://www.galileo-ft.com/working-at-galileo.
The Business Analyst will be a part of the Product organization and will work with internal and external stakeholders. Internal stakeholders include cross functional teams (Sales, Operations, and Engineering). External stakeholders range from clients, banking partners, and card associations. The work involves developing a strong understanding of card association capabilities and requirements, deep research on effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency of payment transactions, research on client facing escalations and providing recommendations on improving the payment lifecycle performance.
In this role the Business Analyst will be the main point of contact across internal Galileo teams (Operations, Product and Finance) and Card Networks like Visa, Mastercard, Discover and others.
The Business Analyst will be leading the set up of new configurations or troubleshooting of existing ones, which will help support and expand payment processing services. The business analyst will also conduct research of issues impacting the Galileo payment lifecycle and work with internal stakeholders to define business and operational impacting requirements, develop new and enhance existing processes to reduce such issues and resolution times.
What you will be doing:
- Partner across internal teams and stakeholders to drive the implementation of changes, operational setup and related work, originated by Galileo, Visa, Mastercard or other payment network requirements.
- Evaluate, prioritize and sequence product and operational capabilities needed to support the setup and implementation of new payment changes and mandates
- Ability to drive payment network related production impacting issues to resolution and guide impacted stakeholders through technical details
- Document current and future state of business and operational impacted workflows
- Conduct and document gap analysis identifying missing business and operational capabilities impacting the Galileo payment solutions platform
- Define requirements and acceptance criteria for areas of impacted changes
- Partner across different teams to research, document and resolve operational and business impacting issues, as well as ensuring the deployment of new enhancements
- Organize, coordinate, and support payment network testing as part of new changes and configurations
- Solicit user feedback to learn, iterate and innovate
- Collaborate on the definition of standard metrics to establish baselines and measure outcomes
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical, business or analytic field
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial, payment network related work experience
- Track record of successfully working with business and operations to understand needs, define/document solutions
- Track record working with partners and/or clients to identify requirements and changes
- Exemplary problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong bias for action
- Ability to be agile; Comfortable with change and continuous improvements
- Outstanding time management skills, prioritization and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks while remaining self-directed
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team on multiple tasks and assignments
- Consumer / Client centric focus
- Excellent MS Office / Google Suite skills
Why you'll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)