We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
CIBC National Accounts was established within CIBC Commercial Banking to create a team to serve upper middle-market and junior corporate private and public clients in Canada. They specialize in structuring and managing larger credit facilities and syndicated bank transactions. The Associate will provide a broad range of analytical and research support to the CIBC National Accounts team . The Associate , National Accounts will be responsible for supporting various aspects of loan underwriting, credit analysis and portfolio management. They will work with a number of senior people internally to support a wide range of clients and prospects. Specific duties include financial statement and data analysis, financial modeling, industry research and assisting in the preparation of information memoranda.
How You’ll Succeed
- Accountability – Play a key role in the preparation of client proposals and/or “pitch-books” and assist on business development calls as may be required. Ensure that the portfolio meets with appropriate risk management guidelines and remains current with the changing methodologies. Assist in the on-going monitoring of the terms and conditions of approved credit arrangements and appropriately identifying any relevant changes in the financial condition/business of a client. Contribute to ongoing account management responsibilities.
- Collaboration – Assist with conducting due diligence and supporting senior bankers with regard to activities of many parties including Legal, Trading Documentation, Capital Markets Trading marketers and Corporate and Commercial Adjudication. As a key contributor to the business unit, this job has the authority to recommend changes to business processes in order to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness. Effectively communicate complicated concepts and financial data to senior management.
- Analysis- Assist with conducting in-depth company, industry and portfolio analysis supporting the credit relationships for a portfolio of National Accounts clients. Provide sound, timely, and well-communicated recommendations for credit facilities supported by a thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business, and market information
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You can demonstrate experience. Thorough understanding of Corporate Finance theories and practices, well-developed financial analysis and financial modeling skills. Sophisticated analytical skills including extensive experience in analyzing financial statements in order to assess credit risks. Ability to research and monitor large volumes of information from various sources, gather data and perform analyses on an ongoing basis. Solid understanding of specific industry, including fundamental market factors, and capital markets activity and influences. Excellent understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You have a degree/diploma in. You have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline and/or knowledge of business, economics and/or finance through education and experience. Recent completion or enrolment in the CFA, CA or CBV program would be an asset but not required.
- You're fluent in French and English
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Job LocationMont-1155 Rene Levesque, 3rd