Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible and help reinvent tomorrow. Our work meaningfully improves the livability and connectivity of our local communities, with a focus on building and strengthening an equitable, diverse and inclusive society.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Water /Wastewater Project Manager to support our Kitchener team and provide leadership, technical expertise and discipline in project execution. You’ll be working mainly from home, with the expectation to travel for client meetings and occasional team meetings.
Working with a team of highly motivated engineers and project managers, you’ll champion the delivery of high-quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations and deliver planned profits. You’ll also be a strong safety proponent /leader for our safety policies and our culture of caring.
You’ll develop execution plans for projects, including scope, fee, schedule, quality, health and safety, risk management, and change management plans; you’ll negotiate and manage sub-agreements, track, control and report on project performance, ensure of timely invoicing and cash collection, while also providing technical guidance for deliverables and developing, mentoring and empowering the project team.
With your unflinching focus on our clients’ satisfaction, you’ll maintain regular and effective communication with clients. You’ll actively support the Business Development Manager and Client Service Managers in developing and expanding opportunities with existing and new clients. You’ll have the opportunity to provide input into growth and delivery strategy within the geography.
Join our team and apply your knowledge, skills and experience to some of the most challenging and interesting projects and programs in the Canadian water and wastewater field.Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- P. Eng designation
- At least 20 years of engineering design and management of water or wastewater projects
- Demonstrated experience managing the technical, contractual and financial risks associated with both small and large/complex water or wastewater projects
- Significant PM experience in multi-disciplinary projects and /or portfolio management or multi-project management, including project planning, scheduling, estimating and budgeting, progress and performance monitoring and reporting
- Significant experience in preliminary design, detailed design and contract administration /construction management
- Experience with sales and business development, including writing technical proposals
- Experience delivering engineering projects in the Southwestern Ontario and/or Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is an asset
- Completion of formal PM training in an accredited program that aligns with the requirements of Certified Project Management bodies (e.g. PMI) is an asset
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.