Wieland Metal Services located in Irving, Texas is looking for a highly motivated and result driven Inside Sales Representative. Candidates will need excellent interpersonal skills to actively engage current customers as well as customer prospects. The position will be responsible for handling customer requests, including quotations, orders, and communications. Additional tasks include ordering customer-specific inventory, communicating with the Outside Sales team, and working closely with other departments, such as Scheduling, Production and Logistics to ensure customer orders will be delivered on-time and with the utmost professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Communicate with customers regarding products, prices, lead-times, order status, delivery, etc.
- Achieve designated sales targets, order outcomes and deadlines within schedule
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing and/or potential customers
- Complete data entry in the form of order entries and order acknowledgments
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Order pre-material, including production orders and purchase requisitions
- Track inventory, including addressing excess and/or aged inventory
- Review all sales orders and order acknowledgements for accuracy
- Calculate product costs, conversion rates and margins percentage
- Assist in coordinating annual contract implementation
- Coordinate with interconnected departments
- Coordinate with inside/outside sales teams
- Initiate credit and debit notes as needed
- Other Inside Sales tasks as assigned
No supervisory responsibilities assigned.Qualifications:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with computers and data entry
- Ability to perform conversions and calculations
- Fluent English language skills, both speaking and writing
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environments
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail (critical skill)
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, coworkers and management
- Ability to work as part of a team and offer assistance to teammates when necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by the position
- Oracle and Salesforce experience a plus!
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Some college or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in sales, customer service or a related field.
- Understanding of sales and manufacturing industries preferred.
- Experience with Oracle preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the physical expectations of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Frequent use of standard office equipment (computer, keyboard, mouse, telephone, copier, etc.)
- Production and office environment with daily administrative duties.
- Extended periods of sitting or standing at desk with a computer.
- Occasional periods of standing, walking, and negotiating stairs.
- Perform duties under pressure of deadlines.