Description: JOB SUMMARY
The Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring TMHNC meets and exceeds annual sales goals, gross profit targets and market share objectives of new Material Handling capital equipment lines offered. This individual is responsible for managing, training and inspiring into action, the best materials handling sales team, while operating with the highest level of integrity. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Toyota Material Handling Solutions Northern California (TMHNC) is a second generation family owned business that provides Dock-to-Dock Material Handling Solutions. Once you join the team, you'll feel like part of the family too! Meet our founder and executive team and read more about our history.
We have employees who work throughout our Northern California territory and/or out of one of our four dealership locations. You can visit any of these locations to view our new, used and rental inventory, purchase parts, meet our Toyota trained and certified technicians and many other amazing associates that are dedicated to taking care of our customers. Learn more about our products, solutions and service here.
Our company mission is "To be a sustainable, adaptable and innovative equipment and service provider by always creating the best possible experience for our customers, suppliers and associates." To achieve this, we measure ourselves against how we live our values everyday: Communication, Transparency, Accountability, Training & Development and Follow-Through. You can also visit our instagram feed to see what #tmhnclife is all about.
Now if you really want some scoop about joining TMHNC, check out these employee spotlights to meet some of the great people who currently work for us, then read on to see if this is the perfect job for you!
. Requirements: People Management
- Manage, train, and motivate sales reps, while holding them accountable to meeting targets and objectives
- Facilitate new Rep “on-boarding” especially including (but not limited to) “who to go to for what” TMHNC NorthStar training Toyota CRM training, Best practice sales approach, Toyota Sales Training Certification, etc.
- Recruit new potential hires – keep active pipeline of “maybe” candidates
- Mentor and support under-performing Reps when appropriate
- Initiate performance improvement plans when necessary
- Make hiring and firing decisions in concert with HR and the Director of Sales & Business Development
- Review and approve expense reports and time-off requests for sales team
- Create and manage sales goals in collaboration with the Director of Sales and Business Development, including but not limited to forecast, ITA, quote pipeline, gross profit, etc.
- Strategize and present large and strategic opportunities (10+ especially) with reps. Create and enter SPR (Toyota Strategic Price Requests)
- Perform site visits as needed with the sales rep(s) to spec and recommend the correct forklift/attachments, etc.
- Maintain necessary reports to enable effective funnel management and efficient workflows across the sales team
- Ensure leads, voicemails and emails are responded to within 1-4 hours
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and Service Teams to maximize each customer experience, minimize aged inventory and maximize utilization across equipment lines
- Communicate and maintain relationships with key OEM vendors/suppliers, including Toyota, Combilift, Konecrane, etc.
- Work with Toyota National Account Managers to connect reps to perform sales duties, site surveys, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum five years in Industrial Machinery Sales
- Minimum three years of Sales Supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience within industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to leadership, mentoring and personnel development
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Very proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and strong emphasis on Internet usage/skills
- Approximately 80% is spent seated at a desk, working on the telephone or at a computer terminal
- Approximately 20% is spent bending, squatting, standing or moving about the work area.
- Occasional lifting of 10lbs to 25lbs may be required.
- Ability to speak read and write English fluently
- Clear diction, correct grammar and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with clients, vendors, management and other employees.
- Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use computer screens and file documents
Job Type: Full-time