AllCells, the leading provider of healthy human primary cells derived from peripheral blood and bone marrow, is seeking a highly visible, very driven Field Based, Business Development Manager for our Southwest Region, who is a proven performer with directly related field experience. We’re seeking an aggressive, quota driven, yet customer facing professional whom is committed to excellence, and possesses superior product knowledge in the area of Human Primary Cells and/or Cell Biology.
Job Description Summary
AllCells is seeking an experienced and proven business development manager for its southwest region. A candidate that is both scientifically astute and comfortable in building a trust-based communication process and solutions to a dynamic and intelligent customer base. The Business Development Manager will grow top line revenue and increase market share by supporting the use of our Research Grade, Custom Solutions and Clinical Grade GMP compliant products in the fields of immunology, cancer and cell and gene therapy.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for comprehensive planning and execution strategies to increase sales (revenue and profit) by selling actively into the assigned southwest territory. Position reports to Chief Revenue Officer.
- Develop, propose, and implement quarterly and annual territory plans to meet revenue goals and achieve quota attainment. 50% New Business quota and 50% existing customer growth expectations.
- Responsible for generating new business through a high level of customer and prospect contact including frequent direct customer visits and extensive networking.
- Gain an understanding of customers’ projects through in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails, in order to position AllCells products from Research Grade, Pre-Clinical,Custom to Clinical Grade GMP compliant products.
- Communicate clearly to executive stakeholders including operations, marketing, SMEs and customer success teams, to ensure that prospects are provided with well-orchestrated and timely information to ensure successful closure of opportunities.
- Tracking Milestones, Competitive intelligence and documentation required.
- Develop strong relationships within strategic accounts with the goal of becoming a trusted advisor.
- Strategize and identify high-value, Ultra Accounts (1 million plus per year), create initial contact, qualify, generate opportunities to sell our product portfolio and close sales opportunities throughout a 12month rolling period and developing account control and securing business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospective clients on solutions that best meet their needs.
- Will be responsible for demonstrating strategic business awareness of the market in order to differentiate AllCells from the competition.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success Departments to follow up on new leads, drive demand within existing accounts, manage and grow referrals in a timely and effective manner.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and seminars as required.
- Provide training, lead, coach and mentorship to other Sales team personnel.
- Work directly with CRO to help manage sales related procedures, quota development and comp plan development as needed.
- Working with Customer Success Teams to prepare price quotations and follow through to close and manage growth - post 12 months.
- Be expert at product knowledge, operational level details, isolated products, clinical apheresis process’ from Research Grade to GMP Clinical Grade quality, and QC procedures.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (Hubspot) and NetSuite.
- Liaise with internal Scientific Support staff and Technical Teams regarding difficult troubleshooting and custom products.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40-60% of the time.
- Expectation to be in front of prospects/clients ~ 4-5 days a week
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Immunology is preferred. Degrees in Hematology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is accepted with immunology-related experience.
- Excellent self-awareness, enthusiasm, intrinsic motivation and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively.
- 5+ years of field-based sales experience in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences. Advanced experience delivering quarterly and annual business targets in Life Sciences, CDMO, or BioTech.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Tremendous ability to work with clients, actively listen to needs, and translate into opportunities
AllCells offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For our full-time employees, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long/short term disability, 401K, FSA, rich paid time off plan, 12 holidays, and a bonus program.