Job Title: Sales Rep Trainee-Entry Level
Position Reports To: Sales Manager / Operations Manager
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
General Summary: As a Sales Trainee the individual will spend 12-18 months acquiring the requisite product knowledge and skills to transition to an Inside Sales or Outside Sales Representative position.
- Initially to spend time in our plant working and learning the products.
- Work on the Inside Sales desk to become familiar with customers and our go-to-market strategy.
- Work in coordination with Outside Sales to service specific customers, assist with special projects and telemarketing.
- Develop a marketing plan and sales strategy utilizing planning and scheduling documents in advance of being assigned a geographical territory
- Will develop and increase Distribution, end-user and OEM sales in assigned geographical area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum H.S. diploma, ideal 1-2 years of community college, technical school, 4 year university or military service.
Experience: Unspecified. Sales experience not necessary.
Skills & Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Has the ability to multi-task and manage multiple customer situations simultaneously.
- Need to be self reliant and self motivating.
- The individual possesses excellent oral and written skills and feels comfortable communicating with all levels of personnel from the shop floor to senior management.
- The sales person works with a visible sense of urgency. The ability to work in a fast paced, activity based sales environment.
- The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- The individual is comfortable working on computers and has a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Contact with others: Provides routine information to and solicits situation specific information company wide from employees, managers and external relationships and general inquiries. Frequently handles calls from/contacts with confused and upset people so patience and tact is required. Participates in management group brainstorming and problem solving sessions. Maintains and extremely high level of confidentiality.
Supervision Received: Performs job with regular meetings with sales manager to assure complete and appropriate actions taken are in the best interest of the company.
Working Conditions: Varied work environment includes driving, office and warehouse. Good working conditions requiring normal safety precautions. Frequent use of personal computer. May be required to lift 10-50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location