We are looking for a passionate Patient Service Representative to join our Internal Medicine office located at 331 Highland Ave in Salem. The office hourse are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG), the largest multispecialty group north of Boston, has a singular focus: the patient. We have dozens of sites across the North Shore, with more than 400 board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, and other health care professionals working as one to provide exceptional care.
We are a national leader in improving care delivery, patient health and satisfaction. Through our partnership with North Shore Medical Center and our affiliation with Mass General Brigham, we offer such advances as EMRs, shared medical appointments, online access and remote patient monitoring. Our success is built on team-based practices, collaborative environments and the importance of work-life balance.
Bring your exceptional skills to our innovative practices and join us in driving medicine forward!
The Patient Service Representative is a multi-tasking position that consists of all front-end functions including:
- Customer service
- Telephone management
- Copay collections
- Time of service account management
- Charge entry
- Appropriate cash and end-of-day closure procedures
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Front-End Operations, or the Site Manager, Patient Service Representative (PSR) will:
- Ensure that all provider schedules are appropriately populated
- Telephones are responded to according to established protocols
- Complete registration information is captured prior to, or during each patient visit
- Perform appropriate and timely charge entry for all patient visits
- Manage cash drawers according to established protocols
- Post cash to patients accounts
- Manage patient responsible account balances at the time of service
Collaborative interaction with patients, physicians, other staff members and management, patient satisfaction and accurate processing of all front-end functions are integral to the success of this individual.
- The PSR must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and an outgoing and pleasant demeanor
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence with patient or customer information systems, cash control.
- 2 years of relevant front-desk and customer related experience in a healthcare facility or 3 years in a front-end customer service position preferred.
High School Diploma or College level course work
Why North Shore Physicians Group? You'll practice at the leading edge of patient-focused medicine in one of New England's most scenic and historic locations. And you'll make a difference every single day. Make your move to NSPG. We're one team, with one focus. Join us. With NSPG you'll experience: Excellent quality of life The North Shore area offers: Communities with varied and rich histories and convenient access to museums, art, restaurants and shops. Natural beauty, handsome architecture and vivid history — only 15 miles north of Boston. 30 miles of gorgeous rocky coastline with breathtaking beaches and harbors. World-class sailing and close proximity to the mountains and picturesque New England. Easy access to a multitude of universities, colleges, and public and private schools. Clinical excellence Our practices are certified Level 3 NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes. For the fifth year in a row, North Shore Medical Center has been ranked a top regional hospital in Boston and Massachusetts by U.S. News & World Report. Our affiliate, Massachusetts General Hospital, is one of U.S. News & World Report's top three Honor Roll hospitals in America. NSPG and NSMC use the Epic EMR that integrates patient care through the Partners HealthCare System, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital. Career advancement Grow, learn and develop new practice innovations. Continue your medical education. Make academic connections and explore teaching opportunities. Explore leadership opportunities. Develop clinical and administrative career ladders. A supportive practice environment Collaborative professionals. Patient-centered care model. Leadership that listens and values your contributions and ideas. Autonomy and respect for your skills and expertise. Excellent salary and benefits.