Senior Analytics Engineer
Product & Program Management | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what's best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
DocuSign's Product Data Science Engineering team is looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to help power the Data Scientists and Analysts focused on making data driven decisions for the Product team.
Analytics Engineer is a relatively new role in data organizations, so you may not have this specific title on your resume. You will be a good fit for this role if you initially trained as an analyst or data scientist, but your career has taken you deeper into the software engineering side of the data team. Or perhaps you have a background building performant data pipelines, but you've discovered a joy in working with your analyst team- coaching them in software engineering best practices, collaborating on developing data models, or building out visualization components.
Our team takes data from many different data sources and transforms it into a data warehouse that powers decision making at DocuSign. Performance and reliability are key to our ability to deliver this product to our stakeholders. We also take security seriously, so you'll need a good understanding of access control management in a cloud environment. But our role as a support team for the Data Science team means our job doesn't end when the data lands in the warehouse. We also provide tools and components to access, govern, and visualize the data- you'll need to provide support throughout the data lifecycle.
Overall, this is an opportunity for a so-called T Shaped developer to have a big impact on the future of DocuSign. You'll be instrumental in setting our Product team up for success through data driven decision making and will influence the prospects of the company itself.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Engineering, Product Data Science and is designated Flex.
- Work with Data Scientists and Product Managers to develop logical (and physical?) data models from conceptual models
- Transform proof of concept views and queries from the Data Science team into performant data pipelines populating our data warehouse
- Build tools to monitor data pipeline performance and data quality
- Support the Data Science team in the development of dashboards providing analytics and insights to the business team
- Champion corporate policies and laws regarding data privacy and security
- Scale the operations of the Data Science team by building automation and libraries
- Peer-review code and participate in architecture reviews
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role
- Experience working as part of a data team
- SQL expert is a must
- Experience managing compute and data resources in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with version control concepts and tools, preferably Git
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience building software using modern development lifecycle methodologies: CI/CD, QA, and Agile Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing dashboard components and data visualization tools
- Experience managing stakeholders from Data Science or Analytics teams
- A passion for robust observability and monitoring
- Experience deploying and maintaining software in a cloud environment such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world's forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at [email protected]