Position Title: Field Retail Sales Representative
Position Type: Temporary - Full-Time
Position Location: Laval
Requisition ID: 8004
McCain is one of the world’s most respected companies. We are proud to be a responsible, family-owned business that has grown to become a market leader in the world of frozen food. We’re a cut above and so are our people. We know that our continued success depends on our ability to attract and develop diverse people who want to learn and grow with us and care passionately about details. If you’re a cut above the rest and want to work in a world-class company that offers great working conditions and a supportive environment, then we invite you to grow with us!
Temporary Retail Sales Representative - Greater Montreal Area (North Shore and West Island)
Reporting to the Director of Retail Sales, the position of Sales Representative requires a sales professional capable of selling the full line of McCain Retail Products and owning the entire sales cycle from wholesaler to the stores for merchandising to the final consumer.
- Maximize sales volume profitably.
- Executing sales plans and company objectives in the Retail Grocery Channel.
- Focus on Sales Fundamental of product distribution, placement, promotions, pricing and point-of-sale merchandising in order to maximize retailer support of new and existing product lines, promotional activity and marketing strategies.
- Provide comprehensive territory coverage in a time & cost efficient manner through proper call routing and expense control.
- Establish positive relationships with the customer, the industry and internally.
- Maintain and update as necessary, all pertinent administration files.
- Position requires moderate out-of-town/overnight travel.
- Maintain and work from a home-based office.
- University degree preferred
- 3-5 years of sales experience in a retail environment with a proven ability to strategically drive results, build effective relationships, and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, able to foster open communication and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to lead and influence teams, drive change and interact cross-functionally.
- Effective negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs.
- Competent computer skills for business applications
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Have an unwavering desire to succeed.
- Bilingual: French and English
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Sales
Department: Retail Field Sales Quebec/Atlantic
Location(s): CA - Canada : Quebec : Montréal
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)