Deacon Sports & Entertainment (DSE), the parent company for the ECHL's affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs - the Newfoundland Growlers, are looking for the best and brightest to join our Ticketing team. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for Sales Representative positions focused on membership sales and customer service, partial plan sales, group sales, and overall fan relations.
DSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. The Newfoundland Growlers play out of Mile One Centre in downtown St. John's for a minimum of 36 home games each year. The franchise has won one Kelly Cup Championship and has a proud, passionate fan base.
A Sales Representative is directly responsible for all goals associated with generating revenue through the sale of new season tickets, partial plans, groups, and premium seating and service. This is achieved with a proactive work ethic through networking and establishing relationships, prospecting, attending events, providing world class service, and delivering customized communications, events, and programs. There are also additional revenue responsibilities as new projects are assigned.
- Meet and exceed individual and team new business revenue goals
- Establish foundation for pure group relationships
- Present oneself as the key go-to-person for assigned account base
- Sell upgrades, add-ons, and generate referrals
- Build strong relationships with assigned account base through proactive communication including seat visits, phone calls, emails and other touchpoints
- Hit minimum outbound call goals each day
- Effectively communicate all team events and available inventory
- Be proactive, respond to and resolve all customer complaints, requests, and inquiries from assigned account base; handle difficult fans and situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ensure ticket member information and data are accurate and complete for assigned accounts
- Assist in developing and delivering customized benefits, programs and events to drive loyalty within group and premium seating accounts
- Ability to stand, set up and break down sales tables, work nights, weekends and holidays as needed, in addition to traditional business hours
- Manage the Fan Relations Booth at Growlers home games
- Other projects as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Excellent Communication Skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, sales
- Organized, Tactical, Results Oriented, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with clients and colleagues
- Must be able to work with computers, particularly Windows and Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word, and have knowledge of ticket and database programs.
- Previous experience with a CRM system (SalesForce, Microsoft CRM, etc)
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration required
- Minimum of 2-3 years sales/service experience, preferably in sports/entertainment required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Expected Start Date: 2021-08-04
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $30,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday