Who We Are
Founded in 1936, CR has a mission to create a fair and just marketplace for all. Widely known for our rigorous research and testing of products and services, we also survey millions of consumers each year, report extensively on marketplace issues, and advocate for consumer rights and protections around safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability. CR is independent and nonprofit.
In this role, you will manage and lead a team of DevOps engineers. You will be responsible for developing and executing a Development Operations (DevOps) strategy to ensure quality software deployments and overall application health and performance. You will optimize relationships between the development, quality assurance and IT operations teams, promote communication, integration, and collaboration for enhanced software development productivity. Additionally, you will develop infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and improve operational performance.
- Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for shared services related to SCM, CI/CD, artifact management, automated testing, and monitoring.
- Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for automation related to environment management, deployment, and operations.
- Provide server support during various operations such as deployment and general application operations.
- Collaborate with developers to establish and ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Leverage the right tools to address the gaps and build IT architecture capabilities.
- Apply experience of DevOps/SRE best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes.
- Ensure our processes are optimized to deliver secure, reliable, and performant solutions.
- Improve scalability of our solutions through monitoring of both deployed services and key infrastructure components.
- May work on multiple, complex projects in a lead or subject matter expert role.
- Responsible for hiring, development and evaluation of applications development staff; coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IS, or other related field (or equivalent work experience) in addition to a minimum of 7 years of DevOps experience with at least 2 years in a direct management role.
- You have extensive experience with Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Nexxus, Kubernetes, and New Relic.
- A minimum of 2 years of software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering with agile methodologies using languages such as Java, PHP, Python, as well as expertise in architecture, operations and systems support.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in high-performance and scalable customer-facing web applications, performance monitoring and optimization.
- Experience managing cloud provider platforms and best practices (AWS preferred)
Consumer Reports is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decision without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kubernetes: 1 year (Preferred)
- DevOps: 7 years (Required)
- Direct Management: 2 years (Required)
- Software development: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location