At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
An Account Executive-Midmarket is a vital member of the National Account Sales team that bridges field and inside sales efforts. This position presents a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to develop and grow a meaningful and upwardly mobile career with a dynamic global company.
- BA/BS in business (or insurance equivalency), construction management or related field
- At least 1-3 years of outside sales experience – preferably in software and/or technology
- Excellent negotiation skills that lead to closed deals and satisfied customers
- Trustworthy and ethical demeanor, an engaging phone voice and an enthusiastic personality
- Preferably, has experience in P&C insurance, construction and/or the property restoration industry
- Demonstrates persuasive written and oral communication skills and relationship building
- Excels at presentations; presents smoothly and comfortably in small and large group environments
- Outstanding organizational and meeting-follow-through skills
- Thrives in a sales-team collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft® PowerPoint, Prezi, SalesForce.com, and Teams.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
- Up to 10-15% travel, primarily North America
- Develop and implement a robust strategic in-house and field sales strategy
- Meet and/or exceed sales quota for the Verisk Claims suite of products
- Completes special projects + effectively juggles a variety of duties and assignments
- Represents Xactware/Verisk and presents its solutions in sales meeting, trade shows and
various industry events
- Manage business relationships with customers and strategic partners
- Negotiate and assist in negotiations with customers and partners
- Contribute to strategic thinking/plans for new-business direction and development
- Monitor competitor activities on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with Senior Management, product development and the sales teams
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.