What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are looking for a recent new college graduate to join our Design and Power Engineer team and work on Advanced Algorithm and Power Features high-performance microprocessor design projects. We deliver world-class, state of the art power-efficient designs to compute systems ranging from cutting edge client personal computers to high end servers and supercomputers to next generation gaming solutions!
The person for this role would need problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail. Be able to use previous knowledge obtained through either research or a previous internship and apply those into this role. Contribute and collaborate closely with system/SOC hardware architects, firmware, BIOS and software programmers and product, test and validation engineers.
Help develop and drive innovative to support power-efficient designs from early power definition to layout, synthesis and back-end physical design.
Work end-to-end delivering complex power management feature algorithm architecture from proof-of-concept prototyping to post-silicon bring-up characterization and final preparation for productization.
- Drive feature definition and implement prototypes
- Develop system level models and use cases
- Document specifications and test hardware solutions.
- Proven experience through research or academic projects with microprocessor or chipset hardware design for power, embedded microcontroller firmware development, hardware test and verification environments
- Experience in microprocessor and computer architecture, power firmware algorithm development, electrical characterization for production and power software, through academic research or previous internships
- Familiarity with chip design tools including RTL and Verilog
- Programming skills in either C or C++ as well as scripting with Perl or Python, for example, and experience with modeling
- Familiarity with both Windows and UNIX platforms
- Programming Algorithms
- PhD in EE, CE, CS
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.