Job DescriptionA little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Mid-Market space here at Shaw. As an Account Executive, Mid-Market, you’re a hunter and know how to generate leads and break into strategic verticals, while developing strong client relationships and growing wallet share as you build your portfolio in the midmarket space. You develop strong business relationships through solution-based selling and are integral in driving revenue and market share within our Shaw Business SMB division. You will be responsible for identifying and assessing market drivers, proposing potential solutions, and negotiating and closing new business. Your days will consist of a split between 60% cold-calling, tactical sales, and 40% growing wallet share of the portfolio you’ve built within the mid-market business. Your success will be measured on monthly and quarterly sales targets, customer satisfaction and funnel health.
A typical day
Every day will look different as we will give you the freedom to manage your day as you see fit. However, core activities in this role include:
- Daily meetings prospecting new clients and positioning Shaw Business as the premier data communications services provider to midmarket businesses.
- Your days will be spent Cold-calling and conducting engaging face-to-face customer meetings and presentations with supporting technical and leadership resources.
- Identifying and analyzing our clients’ business requirements, proposing solutions, negotiating, and closing new business revenue.
- Building a portfolio by developing relationships with midmarket businesses that have additional potential wallet share.
- Selling our full Smart Suite of products as well as our popular voice, data and Internet products to midmarket businesses.
- Consistently exceeding assigned sales objectives for Shaw Business services.
- Preparing sales forecasts, account plans and using CRM tool daily.
- 1-5 years B2B selling experience within small/medium sized business markets.
- Post-secondary education in the fields of Business, Commerce, or technology an asset but not required.
- Telecommunications experienced is considered a significant asset.
- Proven track record of success with prospecting, account management and hitting sales numbers.
- Hunter, goal-oriented, self-motivated, and a high sense of urgency is all facets of this personality.
- Ability to identify and analyze business requirements, propose solutions, negotiate, and close new business revenue.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
- This role is location-specific: Winnipeg.
- Travel is required locally, and externally to your region on a case-by-case basis.
- Regular meetings will be required internally and externally on a daily basis and the current work environment will remain fluid due to Provincial and Regional restrictions related to COVID-19. A combination of work-from-home and in-office attendance may be required.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.